Sign in to follow this  
srg

Barnes & Noble (NYC), August 18, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I have tons of pictures, but no videos unfortunately. It was great to see all you guys again!

The floor was literally full to the brim. Apparently it stands 700, and it was insane, it was totally packed. Regina was just too cute interviewing, and you could practically hear everyone's hearts melt when Kurt said hi to her, and she went, "Hi Kurt," in the softest, most adorable voice ever. I couldn't stop smiling the entire night. She's just too fabulous.

After getting lost several times, both on the streets and the subways, we finally found our way there and ended up hanging out for about 7 hours. :o

So worth it.

Here are some pictures! Sorry about the rotten quality.

6415_1141541630616_1589710687_333852_8365842_n.jpg

6415_1141541830621_1589710687_333857_898390_n.jpg

6415_1141541950624_1589710687_333860_2072473_n.jpg

6415_1141541670617_1589710687_333853_2344878_n.jpg

Regina has the most beautiful voice ever, singing, talking, or screaming. She is just adorable.

Ugh. I tried posting this earlier, but for whatever reason something went wrong with the files I linked.

Anyway, here's some Youtube vids for those who haven't seen them yet:

Laughing With:

Blue Lips:

Folding Chair:

Us:

So I also took videos from the show but I was too far back to get a decent view. Instead, I just took out the audio because I think her voice is clearer here. Downside though is that some people can be heard from time to time, but not loud/annoying enough to ruin the songs. Here's the link for all four songs, just in case you want them :P

http://www.4shared.com/file/12..._the_Square_NYC.html

I hope my link works this time.

quote:
Originally posted by mp4:

I can't believe people waited 7 hours for 4 songs! I guess that speaks volumes about the state of the economy! (I assumed all those people were unemployed!)

Actually, in my case, try school hadn't started yet. :|

edit: Oops, this is almostspotless posting from a friend's account, I didn't realized it was logged in under hers...

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Regina Spektor was darling last night.

With a classical piano and two violinists, Regina transformed the Union Square Barnes & Noble and made it her own under the "Upstairs at the Square" series, performing alongside author Kurt Anderson...

http://www.examiner.com/x-2921...pektor-at-the-Square

"I want to hug you baby"?

Ahaha, more like, "I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES."

Same guy from that other show, perhaps?

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Regina Spektor was darling last night.

With a classical piano and two violinists, Regina transformed the Union Square Barnes & Noble and made it her own under the "Upstairs at the Square" series, performing alongside author Kurt Anderson...

http://www.examiner.com/x-2921...pektor-at-the-Square

"I want to hug you baby"?

Ahaha, more like, "I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES."

Same guy from that other show, perhaps?

Haha! Oh yeah, and didn't Katherine Lanpher joke about that and say something like "Sure, get up here!"?

did anyone else find it super awkward when someone yelled " i love you regina" bang in the middle of Kurt speaking?

Also there was this question Katherine asked i cant recall it at the moment but it was totally odd and impossible to answer. Ok, i know thats really vague but i have a ridiculous memory...or lack therof.

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

did anyone else find it super awkward when someone yelled " i love you regina" bang in the middle of Kurt speaking?

Also there was this question Katherine asked i cant recall it at the moment but it was totally odd and impossible to answer. Ok, i know thats really vague but i have a ridiculous memory...or lack therof.

Yeah, I thought it was incredibly rude. And Kurt just kind of stopped... and looked awkward.

And was that the question where Regina just said she didn't know? It was something about painting a picture within three minutes, and how she does that. Which is like asking a great artist why they put a shadow in a specific place, or used a shade of a color...