Sign in to follow this  
Lilly

Our Music

BEN FOLDS/BEN FOLDS FIVE (insanely talented)

BEN LEE (sexy australian)

DIANE BIRCH (amy winehouse minus the terrible)

ELIZABETH & THE CATAPULT (elizabeth=super voice)

IAN AXEL (more people should know him)

IMOGEN HEAP(musical goddess....no less)

MIKA (don't laugh...i actually like him)

SONDRE LERCHE (adorable norwegian)

My taste doesn't appear to have changed a whole lot in the year since I posted here... regina remains at number one, now followed by:

Brandi Carlile

Dixie Chicks

The Beatles

Blues Traveler

Taylor Swift

Ingrid Michaelson

Hmmm, well here's all of the ones I've been mainly focusing on so far this year (excluding Regina because she's a given Big Grin)

1. Tori Amos

2. Brandi Carlile

3. Dierks Bentley

4. David Nail

5. Caramell

6. Owl City

7. Nickel Creek

8. Miranda Lambert

9. Luke Bryan

10. Joanna Newsom

11. Corinne Bailey Rae

12. Zac Brown Band

Not in any real order.. just my current favorites Smiler

Such great lists. Watching the Hey it's Pomplamoose webcast the other night (with Jack Conte without Nataly, who is in Europe) I was not surprised to hear that, just as most people do, he has a crush on Regina and loves her music.

(Of course, anyone who has ever seen Pomplamoose has very fond thoughts of Nataly, too... In fact, since Ben Folds has done great duets with both Regina and Pomplamoose, it surely is time for Reg to do a videosong with Jack and Nat; no?)

quote:
Originally posted by Barth:

(Of course, anyone who has ever seen Pomplamoose has very fond thoughts of Nataly, too... In fact, since Ben Folds has done great duets with both Regina and Pomplamoose, it surely is time for Reg to do a videosong with Jack and Nat; no?)

The world may very well explode from the sheer awesome that would come about if Regina and Pomplamoose did a videosong. That would be so amazing.

I have to go through all these other artists that have been mentioned now.

I used to listen to:

The Beatles, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Cat Stevens, Electric Light Orchestra, The Byrds, Supertramp, Queen, Emerson Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, The Smiths, The Animals, The Who, The Rolling Stones, the Bee Gees, Simon and Garfunkel, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Fairport Convention, Pentagle, John Lennon, Frank Sinatra, George Gerswhin, Leonard Cohen, Micheal Jackson, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Joni Mitchell, Woody Guthrie, Bert Jansch, Davey Graham, John Renbourn, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, etc.

Then I listened to:

Radiohead, Nirvana, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Enigma, Pl0ne, The Flaming Lips, Polyphonic Spree, t.A.T.u., Alanis Morissette, Norah Jones, Coldplay, Sixpence None the Richer, Working for a Nuclear Free City, Rage Against the Machine, etc.

Now I listen to:

The Strokes, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Modest Mouse, Sigur Rós, Phoenix, The National, Beirut, White Lies, M. Ward, Temper Trap, British Sea Power, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Sons, Bibio, Passion Pit, The Crimea, Freelance Whales, The Decemberists, Band of Horses, Iron & Wine, Bon Iver, Elliot Smith,

Regina Spektor, St. Vincent, Bat For Lashes, Florence + the Machine, She & Him, Lily Allen, Twin Sister, Warpaint, Nouvelle Vague, First Aid Kit, Beach House, Sleigh Bells, Phantogram, etc.

A bit unbalanced, I know. Too much to discover and catch up on. And by no means have I listened extensively to the newer bands. I have however listened to almost everything by the oldies bands (The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens, ELO, Queen, John Lennon) and Regina Spektor. I find it easier to catch up on stuff when the artists are dead and the dust has settled. So I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the indie scene, but quickly rectifying my ignorance.

P.S.: I'm 19.

edit: added a few slightly embarrassing ones I forgot about. That's a pretty comprehensive history of what I listened to, I think.

edit2: I can't believe I forgot some more.

edit3: Joan Baez is so fine. And so are Sandy Denny, Jacqui McShee, Eleanor Barooshian, Jane Birkin. <3

You are me, I think, but I am not 19.

Bert Jansch and Pentangle, eh?

I think you are not actually 19. Like me, tho, you think you are.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

I have to go through all these other artists that have been mentioned now.

I used to listen to:

The Beatles, The Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Beach Boys, Cat Stevens, Electric Light Orchestra, The Byrds, Supertramp, Queen, Emerson Lake and Palmer, King Crimson, The Smiths, The Animals, The Who, The Rolling Stones, the Bee Gees, Simon and Garfunkel, Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Fairport Convention, Pentagle, John Lennon, Frank Sinatra, George Gerswhin, Leonard Cohen, Micheal Jackson, Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, Pete Seeger, Joni Mitchell, Woody Guthrie, Bert Jansch, Davey Graham, John Renbourn, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, etc.

Then I listened to:

Radiohead, Nirvana, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Red Hot Chili Peppers, AC/DC, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Enigma, Pl0ne, The Flaming Lips, Polyphonic Spree, t.A.T.u., Alanis Morissette, Norah Jones, Coldplay, Sixpence None the Richer, Working for a Nuclear Free City, Rage Against the Machine, etc.

Now I listen to:

The Strokes, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcade Fire, MGMT, Modest Mouse, Sigur Rós, Phoenix, The National, Beirut, White Lies, M. Ward, Temper Trap, British Sea Power, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Sons, Bibio, Passion Pit, The Crimea, Freelance Whales, The Decemberists, Band of Horses, Iron & Wine, Bon Iver, Elliot Smith,

Regina Spektor, St. Vincent, Bat For Lashes, Florence + the Machine, She & Him, Lily Allen, Twin Sister, Warpaint, Nouvelle Vague, First Aid Kit, Beach House, Sleigh Bells, Phantogram, etc.

A bit unbalanced, I know. Too much to discover and catch up on. And by no means have I listened extensively to the newer bands. I have however listened to almost everything by the oldies bands (The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens, ELO, Queen, John Lennon) and Regina Spektor. I find it easier to catch up on stuff when the artists are dead and the dust has settled. So I'm somewhat of a newcomer to the indie scene, but quickly rectifying my ignorance.

P.S.: I'm 19.

edit: added a few slightly embarrassing ones I forgot about. That's a pretty comprehensive history of what I listened to, I think.

edit2: I can't believe I forgot some more.

edit3: Joan Baez is so fine. And so are Sandy Denny, Jacqui McShee, Eleanor Barooshian, Jane Birkin. <3