Sign in to follow this  
EnglishGuyinNYC

Apple Store NYC 24 Jul 2009

Well it seems like people have covered most of the big details nicely so far.

I do indeed have a recording, and despite the fact that I was heat-shrinking the soldered-together wires of my franken-mic in my car this morning, it actually recorded music!

I said after the show that I'd upload it tonight, but, uh, I didn't realize it was going to take me over 5 hours to get home. I-78W went from 3 lanes to 1 in five distinct places along my trip, so I got to do a lot of sitting still and trying not to fall asleep. As a result, I think I'm going to put off processing and uploading the recording until tomorrow.

But, so as not to be a terrible person, I have cut out the new song and uploaded it here.

Srg, thanks again for dinner. And just so everyone knows who really is the most committed fan, Srg was there at about 10:00 in the morning... about 5 hours before I arrived (in 3rd place), and I'm not sure how much longer than Greg.

Mark, Emily, and Co., it was lovely to make your acquaintance. I hope to see you all again at future shows.

About the new song: There's a lot of hiss on the recording, probably because I had the microphone tucked away and because I had to set the gain conservatively low since I couldn't adjust it during the performance and, maybe, possibly, because I didn't get the phantom power wired up right. But I'm not sure about that last one.

Anyway, I'll try to make it a little better when I do the whole show tomorrow, but I just wanted to get a copy of the song uploaded for everyone to hear. If you don't mind listening to what sounds like a cassette tape recording, it should be fine.

Popcorn82: Since you have the setlist, would you be so kind as to let us in on the name of the new song?

But in all seriousness, I had such a good night. I really can't even begin to say how much last night meant to me. Thank you everyone for giving us such a great night (especially since the whole going-out-to-dinner thing was completely spontaneous Smiler)

Im so bum bum bummed , I wasnt able to make it to nyc, how was the crowd? Was there a long line to get in? Im so mad I could have probly drove from delaware,but would not have gotten there until about 6. Would I have had a chance to get in? or was it crazy packed by that point?

Thanks for the info.

The new song (or what I can understand of the lyrics) is very thought provoking, which is, of course what Regina's songs are so good for.

Thanks so much for the recording!

Sounds like you guys had a blast, hopefully I'll get to see you all at the next one.

YES! thank you thank you for that recording, i have been obsessively trying to remember it the whole 5 hour train ride home, lol. and i think my sis really enjoyed the show last night (before that she was pretty iffy on the whole regina scene), because jeremy had to call me to verify that Folding Chair was a real song that jenny wasn't making up. jenny makes up ridiculous songs all the time, so i understand his confusion (it must be a russian jewish thing?? lmao).

englishguy: i have actually been known to call myself bionic woman haha. so good call on that. and jenny was texting me because (a) she is obnoxiously annoying like that , and (B) we were surrounded by stixers and she was making fun of me for being an internet nerd like that. so basically she was picking on all of us, lol.

popcorn: hey! i wasn't sure if you were a stixer or not, but nice to meet you! good times in that line, good times haha.

Blue Lips was phenomenally done with the violin, cello and drums. I complimented the three of them on how well they played, as well on many of the other songs. I was blown away just by them.

And I had no idea Machine's siren was done with the violin. Rad.

And I was kind of expecting a safe set-closer like Fidelity, but it still was fantastic, and actually almost brought me to tears [actually, several of the songs almost did].

It was spectacular meeting all you guys! If I make it up for any other show in the near future it'll be sweet to hang again.

-Mark