Sign in to follow this  
EnglishGuyinNYC

Apple Store NYC 24 Jul 2009

really? that's odd. i don't think australian accents are THAT similar. i guess we are just good at hearing the difference?

and the brits always say that in the movies, what are you talking about?! you just shattered my hollywood-constructed version of the united kingdom! haha. and if that's the case, you guys should start saying 'johnny-on-the-spot' more often. all the cool kids (aka only me) are doing it. Wink

english people in movies are the bad guys! always!

which means i am some sort of super evil genius villain

I will make sure I say it tomorrow. Will need to think of the context to use it in though. Thinking cap time.

quote:
Originally posted by EnglishGuyinNYC:

I don't think anyone in England has EVER used the term 'johnny-on-the-spot'!

I'm pretty sure I've heard Clarkson say it at least once.

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

AS always, many many many thanks Aaron!!

Pleased to be of service Miss Katy.

hahaha, you're right about english people always being villians. but they are usually really COOL villains. i would say about 90% of the time. and that's a very exact estimate.

unless of course you are talking about valkyrie. in which only the evil nazis sounded german. the good ones were all british. and tom cruise was...well, american. of course. lmao.

and here's some tips: "hey, are you australian?" "no, i'm english. try to be more johnny-on-the-spot with your guesses next time."

hehe. expert advice right there.

eshbach, we would need video evidence of this Clarkson quote!

well thank you for the advice, i normally just mutter 'moron' under my breath and walk off when i am accused of being australian and not the uber-cool english super villain that i am!

although saying this, you don't exactly look very american, would say there is more than a hint of eastern european somewhere there

nice! i am 1/2 russian jewish, actually. sometimes i like to think that maybe i'm regina's long lost 2nd cousin twice removed or something. after all, a good portion of family history disappeared during the holocaust. it's totally possible. maybe. lol.