Sign in to follow this  
Yaya

itunes - sucks

From what I understand itunes is supposed to be a good, legal option for people who want to continue downloading music because it's easier/more practical, that it's supposed to help technology move forward, not stagnate it.

well, I'm all for this, finding new, legal ways of downloading, paying for downloading. so im (very late yes) learning to use itunes. i downloaded one of my fav songs and was gonna burn it onto a cd so i could listen to it through my stereo with large speakers. well, apparently because I downloaded it form itunes the file can't be burned onto a cd! argh!! what was the point in me buying it then?

and now, i just found out that one of my favorite regina spektor songs is on itunes, but it can't be bought unless you buy the entire album (it's "hero", which is a bonus song on the bonus-something version of begin to hope). well, i already bought the bonus cd and my cd didn't have hero on it, but four other songs... and now i have to buy the album agian if i want hero? and, either way, i probably won't be able to burn it onto a cd anyways!

of course...it could just be that i dont know how all this works....but right now, im hating itunes...

can anyone help me out? am i doing something technically wrong?

From what I understand itunes is supposed to be a good, legal option for people who want to continue downloading music because it's easier/more practical, that it's supposed to help technology move forward, not stagnate it.

well, I'm all for this, finding new, legal ways of downloading, paying for downloading. so im (very late yes) learning to use itunes. i downloaded one of my fav songs and was gonna burn it onto a cd so i could listen to it through my stereo with large speakers. well, apparently because I downloaded it form itunes the file can't be burned onto a cd! argh!! what was the point in me buying it then?

and now, i just found out that one of my favorite regina spektor songs is on itunes, but it can't be bought unless you buy the entire album (it's "hero", which is a bonus song on the bonus-something version of begin to hope). well, i already bought the bonus cd and my cd didn't have hero on it, but four other songs... and now i have to buy the album agian if i want hero? and, either way, i probably won't be able to burn it onto a cd anyways!

of course...it could just be that i dont know how all this works....but right now, im hating itunes...

can anyone help me out? am i doing something technically wrong?

Yep sounds like iTunes...

But if you want Hero I can send it to you. I'm sure it'll be fine because you did purchase it.

Sorry about your problem. I really don't like Apple because I realize they do a lot of restrictions on their music. Like, well not being able to burn a CD after you purchase a song. LoL

But yeah anyways if you want Hero I'll send it to you.

I'm no iTunes fan but there's no reason why you should't be able to burn a song you bought. I would guess you just missed the "Create A Playlist" step. If you follow the steps outlined in my previous post you'll do fine.

now this is weird, because i burn songs from itunes all the time. i burned multiple copies of far, because i wanted to listen to it with better speakers and the first copy came out glitchy because my laptop was overheating. it's definitely possible.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

I'm no iTunes fan but there's no reason why you should't be able to burn a song you bought. I would guess you just missed the "Create A Playlist" step. If you follow the steps outlined in my previous post you'll do fine.

you can burn CD's using itunes? oh... I feel really stupid now. I thought it was only for buying/listening to music, and I never use it really so... maybe that's how it works though, like you can only use the file in itunes, because if I try to use it in other programs I can't burn it. oh well.

well, I'm sure it will work now, I'm gonna just follow the steps in the "manual". thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by BIG TUNA:

But if you want Hero I can send it to you. I'm sure it'll be fine because you did purchase it.

that would be really nice of you! it would make my day if you would.

but no, i didn't purchase the song because you have to buy the whole album, and well, I already have the album. i just want that one song. ^_^

FUCK itunes.

I've been trying to redeem my 25$ giftcard and it keeps saying "incorrect code, not valid"

OMG. I've tried it so many different ways, and why the hell do the B's have to look like 8's???

*end rant*... for now

quote:
Originally posted by Yaya:

quote:
Originally posted by BIG TUNA:

that would be really nice of you! it would make my day if you would.

but no, i didn't purchase the song because you have to buy the whole album, and well, I already have the album. i just want that one song. ^_^

I was able to purchase only Hero on iTunes, from the (500) days of summer album.