Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Radio City Music Hall on October 14, 2009

SOOOOOO my girlfriend went to the show last night...I was supposed to be there, but complications with money resulted in me staying in Georgia. HOWEVER! She called me and let me listen throughout the entirety of the show Smiler It was touching...Although the sound I was hearing was no where near the sound quality in the venue, the show was absolutely beautiful. Just hearing the strings playing through my speaker-phone made me cry....it was gorgeous.

She waited outside her bus, along with the other 30 or so, and didn't get to meet her. However, she talked to the bus driver and feeling sorry for her having to wait in the cold for two hours for nothing, he gave her a t-shirt Smiler He said he didn't want her leaving empty-handed, which was nice of him.

Anyway, i'm jealous of all of you that went, blah, blah, blah.

Nice to hear that some of you got to meet her Smiler

Hey you guys. I'm uploading the vids as of now, but I have a few that's already up. Here's the link just in case :]

http://www.youtube.com/view_pl...t?p=14A52CCC6779E380

Edit:

I can't upload more vids. There's always an error popping up when I try to. Ugh. Will do the rest tomorrow. I seriously need to audio swap some of it. I hate myself for not being able to hold my tongue and "Woot!" I who gets annoyed at people who interrupt Regina mid-song. Gawd. Frowner

Due to some other stuff I had to get done tonight, I won't have the full audio recording up on RSO until tomorrow. However, it is in the hands of NYC Taper at this point, so he may post it sooner Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Jessicaw09:

H I went around to the other side of the table. She then waved to me. I was holding my concert ticket and songs cd. A man approached me, it was her dad. He said do you want to get that signed. I said I am trying to. He then said go ahead slide in over there (at the table where they sat)...then he called Regina...she came over...and we talked for about 5 minutes. She is too funny!!

Damn. i'll remember for next time that the appropriate strategy is to hover in Reginas eyeline looking friendly. I didnt know any fans were allowed past the velvet ropes (or the bodyguards to be more accurate).

Anyway, the concert was beyond awesome. I loved that she played ode to divorce and love you're a whore. It was so great to meet folks even tho i was exhausted and a tad spacey.

More importantly i got a picture and hug from Regina so all in all - awesome night.

Even more importantly, it was the fiances first reg experience. He seems to think shes certifiably insane (i think cos of some of the lyrics) but he also said hed go to her concerts with me whenever i want and then the next day he said he wants to buy one of her albums. Success!

(englishguy - i havent forgotten your picture)

quote:
Originally posted by JosephCa64:

Nice job, altered! I'm digging it! The sound holds up suprisingly well and the screen shots work well also. Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

Niiiiice, Betsy!!

Thanks Big Grin

Finally uploaded 23 1/2 songs. I missed Blue Lips and The Call [epic fail, i knooow Frowner]. I didn't miss it on purpose though. It was just that the usher was giving me threatening looks after he busted me whilst recording halfway through Two Birds, hence the 1/2 part of the vids.

Managed to get my iPod signed despite the security detail at the time I was desperately trying to leave so I can take the last bus home. I totally adopted Puss in Boots's pity-me-cutesy-face from Shrek in front of three of her towering security people and explained that I can't miss the bus, and all I want is for them to pass the iPod to her. They initially declined, but ya know, they finally gave in. Heh.

Aaron, Jasmine and I were at Reg's table 20 or 30 minutes before her parents came in. Hah, we should've stayed there till she came and they had to force us to move to another table :P

Here's some of the pics I took

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2...s/72157622476981919/

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

Damn. i'll remember for next time that the appropriate strategy is to hover in Reginas eyeline looking friendly. I didnt know any fans were allowed past the velvet ropes (or the bodyguards to be more accurate).

Anyway, the concert was beyond awesome. I loved that she played ode to divorce and love you're a whore. It was so great to meet folks even tho i was exhausted and a tad spacey.

More importantly i got a picture and hug from Regina so all in all - awesome night.

Even more importantly, it was the fiances first reg experience. He seems to think shes certifiably insane (i think cos of some of the lyrics) but he also said hed go to her concerts with me whenever i want and then the next day he said he wants to buy one of her albums. Success!

(englishguy - i havent forgotten your picture)

glad you got to get a picture and hug!! certifiably insane, lol thats what some of my friends say...im slowly converting them!