Sign in to follow this  
Bartender

Radio City Music Hall on October 14, 2009

Just got home. Took the last bus as per usual. Will upload the videos once I regain consciousness. Work starts at 07:30 later. Aaargh.

Good gawd, she's friggin' awesome. Gnyt everyone.

Hey!! Just got on the train! Amazing show. She was perfect. I will post more about the show tomorrow...have tons of pics and videos! Recorded 90% of the show. After it ended, I went to the back door of Radio City to see if she would come out. Waited with about 50 fans for 2 hours...now it's 12:15...and I do have tickets for the after party...so i figured she was there. I get there by 12:30...place is pretty nice. Regina is sitting at a table with her family. They had body guards around the area. Tons of fans are here just catching a view. I went around to the other side of the table. She then waved to me. I was holding my concert ticket and songs cd. A man approached me, it was her dad. He said do you want to get that signed. I said I am trying to. He then said go ahead slide in over there (at the table where they sat)...then he called Regina...she came over...and we talked for about 5 minutes. She is too funny!! She signed my songs cd and my ticket. Then took a picture with me and gave me a hug. Then me, her and her dad joked around. It was a awesome time. She looked great. I will post pictures tomorrow, I won't be home close til 5am. Did anyone else meet her? It was a blast! Hope everyone had a great time as well.

I was looking up videos from the Radio City show on google videos when I saw a link to a really old performance of

, so I opened it.

As I started watching, I felt this extreme emotion build up inside of me, this extremely intense emotion. I didn't know what it was, and I started tearing up.

But then I realized... to the left were thumbnails for the Radio City videos, and to the right was this really old video of Regina in a small venue playing one of her oldest songs... I started tearing up because of how far she's come, from that small little venue, to Radio City freaking Music Hall. I started tearing up because I can't even imagine that kind of journey and how she must feel. I started tearing up because... I think because I'm proud of her. Yeah, that's what it is, I'm proud of her. I am so, so proud of her...

I am currently crying (which doesn't happen very often) Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

On the Radio (with November Rain strings intro)

Gotta say, that intro didn't translate so well over the wires. I didn't, until now, understand why I was getting called for On the Radio. Not that I minded. hehe It worked out, because I held on for The Call and Ink Stains which both sounded completely amazing.

I'm sad I couldn't be there, but thank you sweet people for making me feel a part of it. There's certainly something a little special about having regina sing to me while I'm sick in bed. It may be too early to say for sure, but I think she may have broken my fever.

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

I was looking up videos from the Radio City show on google videos when I saw a link to a really old performance of

, so I opened it.

As I started watching, I felt this extreme emotion build up inside of me, this extremely intense emotion. I didn't know what it was, and I started tearing up.

But then I realized... to the left were thumbnails for the Radio City videos, and to the right was this really old video of Regina in a small venue playing one of her oldest songs... I started tearing up because of how far she's come, from that small little venue, to Radio City freaking Music Hall. I started tearing up because I can't even imagine that kind of journey and how she must feel. I started tearing up because... I think because I'm proud of her. Yeah, that's what it is, I'm proud of her. I am so, so proud of her...

I am currently crying (which doesn't happen very often) Smiler

Big Grin awww. This made me smile.... tears can be so good sometime.

this show was absolutely amazing. especially because i managed to sneak to the first row, center. i just wish my camera phone was better quality. ):

she sounded flawless, and she was so cute - after every song, during applause she'd politely and quietly say, "thank you."

<3