Regina's Best Lines

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

quote:
Originally posted by BIG TUNA:

quote:

i love those, too!

just wanna point out, though, that it's "just a matter of WHOM." We're being grammatically correct. Razzer

Side note (a.k.a. the reason for this post): is your screnname a referrence to Andy's nickname for Jim on The Office? if so, you're my hero.

You're right! I fixed it.

And yes my name is a reference to Jim Halpbert's nickname. Smiler

YEAH! The Office is awesome! I'm glad to see that somebody finally caught that.

Big Grin i feel so special! yay! and i agree. the office is great. My dad hates it, but i hooked my brother on it, so it all evens out. Razzer

Well HIGH FIVE! Smiler

Yeah it's awesome!

quote:

quote:
Well HIGH FIVE!

Yeah it's awesome!

lol *high fives back*

oh, and another song to be considered: Blue Lips! Especially that climactic part:

"they started off beneath the knowledge tree

then they chopped it down to make white picket fences..."

gorgeous.

i love when she sings "They Smiled real wide for the c-a-mera lenses."

quote:
Originally posted by baby jesus:

i love when she sings "They Smiled real wide for the c-a-mera lenses."

ah! me too! and the way she sings, "lines" at the very end of that part haha i know. it's just one word, but it sounds really cool!

and! and, One-String Blues: "So me and Poseidon, we been hangin' around the water hole

and he says to me, he says, "Regin-Ah! Regina, i ain't gah-noawww-thaar'dyyyyeennnymore. No one waits to hear the sound of my flipflops by the door. And all my little fishies have gone to war.

So, i says tah 'im i says Poseidon dee-oh! Yer better off then me i hear. Cuz i've been takin' all the wrong buses everywhere.

sorry. Got carried away haha! i love that song!

("So we just sit there and stare.

Finally he says, he says, ahw, hell!

And I try not to wince at his fishy smell. Cuz I din't think that that was real polite...")

from Us:

"And though our parts are slightly uuuused

New ones are slave labour you can keep"

all of Reginasaurus, naturally.

And Baobabs.

And Baby Jesus.

And December...

If I don't stop now I'll just end up listing all her songs xD

^^haha! yeah. come to think of it, this thread is well on its way to being locked up tight, with a post from Mod saying, "please use find function" accompanied by a link to the "Complete Spektography" thread. xD

hey, what do those lines mean, the two that you quoted from Us? (keep in mind i haven't the faintest hint of a clue what it's about! Red Face )

Haha! That may well happen yet - although there are so many songs, we can just pick random lines and go on forever!

I haven't really got a clue what it's about on the whole xD

but I get from those two lines just complete negativity about slave labour - saying that they didn't get new bits because they'd be contributing to slave labour/trade and so they did well enough without.

That is the worst explanation of a thought process or feeling I have ever done, but I hope you get it - or at least what I take from it Smiler

Even if it's "wrong", I just see Us as, i dunno, being about falling childishly in love, and being "so in love" and a spectacle, and having everyone who's more "experienced" than you in love-and-life telling you to behave and not be so flippant in your actions toward love-and-life. And it's just telling you do not let your inner self be destroyed and continue living this way.

I dunno, it's easy to make "Us" be a love song for you and a special person, so I don't care if it's about the freaking American Revolution, I still see it as a bitter-sweet, but mostly triumphantly-sweet, love song.