Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

The I've Never Seen a Regina Show Club

quote:
Originally posted by val:

Yeah you're right to believe it.

Moreover, when she will come back to Russia, this will be a special moment for her. She so often evokes Russia ... and sings "Russia", too.

Oh i'd say it will be a historic moment! Smiler

Can you remind me where does she sing "Russia"? Or maybe you could link that to me? Smiler

well by singing Russia I meant that the way she sings sometimes evokes Russian music, especially the end of The Flowers and Après Moi (quite obviously).

Each time she does like:

"ah ... ah ... ah" and then sings quicker and quicker, this makes me think 'bout Russia.

quote:

well by singing Russia I meant that the way she sings sometimes evokes Russian music, especially the end of The Flowers and Après Moi (quite obviously).

Each time she does like:

"ah ... ah ... ah" and then sings quicker and quicker, this makes me think 'bout Russia.

Hehe ahw! Oh yeah!! Big Grin The end of the "Flowers" reminds me about something Russian too! And if you could know how much we appreciate each Russian word from her songs (there are only 2 of them though), but that means so alot to us, ah i can't even explain. Smiler I wish she had more songs with Russian lyrics. ^^

Yeah, I like them too, even though I'm not Russian.

But basically, I think she's interested in languages. She has some french, too. Even though i'm not really french - only french speaking, I'm from Brussels where people speak French or Dutch (or both ... as the song goes LOL) - this is a great thing, too.

Yeah, then, she could have some italian ... or Indian ... It would be fun and nice.

Me was Fidelity.

I heard the song and said to myself: "waw, this is fresh and original". Then I waited until the end of the song to see the name of the singer.

And then I was like ... aw, but this is the singer people on Camille's board (French singer) discuss so, so often Smiler

And that's how I discovered Regina Spektor Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Not trying to be a fun buster or anything. I do love your enthusiasm, val. I know, people were recently complaining about members constantly pointing out old threads on the same or similar topic and people therefore feel like being shunned or whatnot. But I have to...:

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...33108598/m/946101891

Oh, lol.

No problem. The other pic is bigger. And did not end too long ago, I see ... So, I'm just going to copy paste the replies given here ... there.

Wink

quote:

Yeah, I like them too, even though I'm not Russian.

But basically, I think she's interested in languages. She has some french, too. Even though i'm not really french - only french speaking, I'm from Brussels where people speak French or Dutch (or both ... as the song goes LOL) - this is a great thing, too.

Yeah, then, she could have some italian ... or Indian ... It would be fun and nice.

Oh yeah, and she loves to mix languages in her songs of course! Smiler "Oh, Marcello" reminds me about Italy, i just don't know why and i always have that feeling that she's gonna sing in Italian in a second. Smiler