Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Dance Anthem old version vs Far

She can write but she can't edit? Wink

Maybe she didn't like it or write it at the time. It happens to me, that I write a song play it a few times (or lots) and at a certain point discover something's missing (or someone tells me and I agree).

Maybe it's also something to make the video/single special, an extra feature to make it stand out from the track you've already heard on the album. It's a rather nice idea.

I like it better without that outro part. I always felt that it dragged the song out too much. Besides, she stopped singing that part ages ago. Listen to her sing that song live before far and she stopped singing that part. It was nothing surprising to me.

I LOVED the original outro, but I love the far version. She really did a great job with it, making it upbeat and dancey. The version I fell in love with (live) is much slower. I'm glad I still have it though. I love the use of the vocoder. So powerful

When she does the broken slowing down record at the end.... I can't even explain how amazing.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I love the use of the vocoder. So powerful

I love that! It was what struck me most upon my first listen of the far version. It sounds amazing.

One thing I don't care for on the far version is the synth choir in the "SOLO!!" Oh and while we're on the topic, who is the voice yelling "Solo" in the far version? Is is regina's voice altered, Reggie Waits, Mike Elizondo, or someone else entirely?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I love the use of the vocoder. So powerful

I love that! It was what struck me most upon my first listen of the far version. It sounds amazing.

One thing I don't care for on the far version is the synth choir in the "SOLO!!" Oh and while we're on the topic, who is the voice yelling "Solo" in the far version? Is is regina's voice altered, Reggie Waits, Mike Elizondo, or someone else entirely?

I believe it is the "solo" from the McCarren show. If you listen, you can even hear the crowd noise in the background. And I happen to love it. Big Grin

They both serve their own purpose. The slow one feels more heartfelt throughout, and the current version has the feel of it changing like three times throughout.

I guess I prefer... faster?

Though the faster one does make it more in sync with the "Dance anthem of the 80s" theme of the song, since, y'know... that's it's name, hah

well, personally, i prefer the "amaturish" feel of the pre-far version, like 3 years ago or so. because (unless i'm way off here) i like the slowing record ending, and the whispered "my solo", yet i prefer that the solo sound like a choir rather than a piano, as it did when Dance Anthem very first debuted (or at least the oldest recording i've run across...)

i think the far version is adorable and everything, but it feels less.. alive than pevious recordings. Still love it, though!