Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Dance Anthem old version vs Far

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

yet i prefer that the solo sound like a choir rather than a piano, as it did when Dance Anthem very first debuted (or at least the oldest recording i've run across...)

I always thought that the choir solo slowed the song down. Much more than the outro which I love! Wink But the choir solo is better on Far than live. everyone can't feel the same. That would be boring.

But the "they wanna be watched. to watch eachother. they wanna slee-eep they wanna be slept" and so on... aw. I like it =) My personal favorite is from 2003, December 29th. With a piano solo =)

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I LOVED the original outro, but I love the far version. She really did a great job with it, making it upbeat and dancey. The version I fell in love with (live) is much slower. I'm glad I still have it though. I love the use of the vocoder. So powerful

When she does the broken slowing down record at the end.... I can't even explain how amazing.

Which live version do you have? Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:

yet i prefer that the solo sound like a choir rather than a piano, as it did when Dance Anthem very first debuted (or at least the oldest recording i've run across...)

I always thought that the choir solo slowed the song down. Much more than the outro which I love! Wink But the choir solo is better on Far than live. everyone can't feel the same. That would be boring.

But the "they wanna be watched. to watch eachother. they wanna slee-eep they wanna be slept" and so on... aw. I like it =) My personal favorite is from 2003, December 29th. With a piano solo =)

Really? slows the song down, you say? i always liked it because it was so random haha But to each his own.

i like the outtro, too! i'm not familiar with the recording you named, but now i wanna check it out. Wink

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:

Really? slows the song down, you say? i always liked it because it was so random haha But to each his own.

i like the outtro, too! i'm not familiar with the recording you named, but now i wanna check it out. Wink

Hm... don't know where I found it really... well I think it was in a huge file on some random page I found. Not on respektonline though. If you want to hear it badly I could send it to you. My email is my location =)