Sign in to follow this  
tallchick

Real Life "Regina Moments"

Has there been a moment in your life or a situation that reminded you of a Regina song/lyric.

This thread can be used for anything in your life that prompted you to listen to or remember a regina spektor song or maybe just a lyric. It doesnt have to sound like everyone else or like mine or be specific. Anything you feel belongs here. go ahead and post it.

--------

Today for example, I was going to go to an open call interview for American Apparel for the THIRD time and was debating on the idea of wearing a formal outfit again or a casual one. Well the first two times, I wore a formal outfit and I didn't get the job both times. My mind immediately went to a line in "I cut of my hair"

The definition of a crazy person is someone who does the same thing over and over again while expecting new results

Well, with this in mind, I decided to spice it up and wear a casual outfit. I'm glad I did too because I felt a ton more comfortable in that type of retail environment wearing clothes that I would wear if I had gotten the job anyway. I still looked nice and professional. I just wore a nice pair of jeans and a cute top and nice flats. Everyone else was wearing something similar and I felt that the manager got a better idea of how I would fit in that type of retail environment. plus the interview went great!

I thought I would share that. I'll post more too but I was wondering if anyone else would share some of there moments too.

If there's a thread on this, just let me know and we can just let this one die. Smiler I searched with no luck

Has there been a moment in your life or a situation that reminded you of a Regina song/lyric.

This thread can be used for anything in your life that prompted you to listen to or remember a regina spektor song or maybe just a lyric. It doesnt have to sound like everyone else or like mine or be specific. Anything you feel belongs here. go ahead and post it.

--------

Today for example, I was going to go to an open call interview for American Apparel for the THIRD time and was debating on the idea of wearing a formal outfit again or a casual one. Well the first two times, I wore a formal outfit and I didn't get the job both times. My mind immediately went to a line in "I cut of my hair"

The definition of a crazy person is someone who does the same thing over and over again while expecting new results

Well, with this in mind, I decided to spice it up and wear a casual outfit. I'm glad I did too because I felt a ton more comfortable in that type of retail environment wearing clothes that I would wear if I had gotten the job anyway. I still looked nice and professional. I just wore a nice pair of jeans and a cute top and nice flats. Everyone else was wearing something similar and I felt that the manager got a better idea of how I would fit in that type of retail environment. plus the interview went great!

I thought I would share that. I'll post more too but I was wondering if anyone else would share some of there moments too.

If there's a thread on this, just let me know and we can just let this one die. Smiler I searched with no luck

Oh it happens alll the time.

Most recently, my brother sent me some music last week of various things, several of the songs were from various Japanese rock bands. One such song starts with an organ holding one note for about 10 seconds, before all the instruments come in. From the first split second I heard it, to even today, I instantly think it's the first half-second of studio Blue Lips.

AWESOME

every conversation held, book read, or random thought... thought (lol) is one gigantic Regina moment for me haha!

mostly 'cause she picks such cliche, typical, and casual sentences and terms to use in her lyrics, yet sings them in a catchy way. So every time i hear, say, "Fake moustache", i think of Aching to Pupate. The worst is when someone is practically quoting an entire verse and you can't, for the life of you, think of /which/ song it is! uggh! how distracting!

now you're stuck trying to follow what they're saying while mentally singing the lines over, waiting for a title, or even more lyrics to pop into the mix.

and random conversation vs. Regina Spektor? lol guess which one has priority in /my/ attention. Razzer

but maybe that's just me.

Anyway,just warning you that you all will be very sick of me if you frequent this thread. Wink

I WAS JUST GOING TO START THIS SAME EXACT THREAD! Craziness...

I have little lyric-associations all the time... The best example I can think of right now is how every time I hear a parent telling their child to "say your sorry" I want to belt out "December."

I mentioned this in another thread, but I work in a restaurant and I can't help but think of Genius Next Door while I'm bussing tables and it only gets worse when I clean a ketchup bottle label.

When I'm watching TV and there's mention of what's going on in the ten o'clock news I think "Oh I'd better not watch that..."

The only example I can think of where my life has paralleled a lyric was when something mildly negative happened to me (I'll keep the details to myself) so I took a walk outside and listened to all the Regina I had on shuffle. As I thought about what had happened, I became very tense and my walking became hesitant. As Time is All Around came on, I finally realized what the line "I hallucinate a cat between my feet/I'm stepping lightly so as not to hurt it" meant to me.

Sorry long post... Hopefully breaking it up into paragraphs helped.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

When I'm watching TV and there's mention of what's going on in the ten o'clock news I think "Oh I'd better not watch that..."

Especially Fox. Razzer

I was in an iced cream shop here in nyc, and I stumbled out the door with a friend (we tried to get through at the same time) and while laughing, I fell into a giant iced cream cone. THE giant iced cream cone. I had no idea - I didn't even see it while walking in!

And also there's a house on the corner of my street that's really lovely, and it's for sale. Every time I walk past it, I think, "...but they've got homes of their own" from poor little rich boy. Ridiculous!

^thats funny! just running into it like that.

quote:
The worst is when someone is practically quoting an entire verse and you can't, for the life of you, think of /which/ song it is! uggh! how distracting!

now you're stuck trying to follow what they're saying while mentally singing the lines over, waiting for a title, or even more lyrics to pop into the mix.

and random conversation vs. Regina Spektor? lol guess which one has priority in /my/ attention. Razzer

I had this happen to me! and i agree, its super distracting LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I WAS JUST GOING TO START THIS SAME EXACT THREAD! Craziness...

I have little lyric-associations all the time... The best example I can think of right now is how every time I hear a parent telling their child to "say your sorry" I want to belt out "December."

I mentioned this in another thread, but I work in a restaurant and I can't help but think of Genius Next Door while I'm bussing tables and it only gets worse when I clean a ketchup bottle label.

The only example I can think of where my life has paralleled a lyric was when something mildly negative happened to me (I'll keep the details to myself) so I took a walk outside and listened to all the Regina I had on shuffle. As I thought about what had happened, I became very tense and my walking became hesitant. As Time is All Around came on, I finally realized what the line "I hallucinate a cat between my feet/I'm stepping lightly so as not to hurt it" meant to me.

Sorry long post... Hopefully breaking it up into paragraphs helped.

'

Great minds think alike Smiler

I lovee december. I've had a lot of regina moments with that song. I still dont really fully understand that line in Time is All Around but I always loved it. hopefully one day a meaning will hit me like it hit you

I saw two birds on a wire. One flew away. I couldn't hear them talking though.

Then I crashed my bike into a tree, because I was distracted watching the two little sparrows chattering to each other, and thinking how lonely the poor little left behind sparrow must've been when his friend flew away.

But I'm like BLTWP... any little situation, little similarity, will immediately bring up a Regina song for me.

I'm not really sure these count but these are the most recent entries in my memory banks.

I saw (500) Days of Summer for the second time today. There are two moments that brought my mind right to Regina songs.

DO NOT GO BEYOND THIS POINT IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT 500 DAYS OF SUMMER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The scene where he punches the guy in the bar for Summer's "honor" immediately brings Your Honor to mind. Especially when she scolds him for it.

And then the scene where the woman is pitching the "Inspirational Card" with the cat named Pickles going for a bird and trying to drink a glass of milk brings Reading Time With Pickle to mind (not very original, I know)