Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Fox Theater Oakland 10/30/2009

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

RSO emailed me back and has chosen not to post the video because they don't want to infringe copyright law.

May I ask the rso people why they decided to care about copyright law in this case? Having official videos for download is a huge infringement! The other videos are not exactly of the hook either - they are copyrighted by the channel they were broadcast on.

Posting or not posting a video is up to you I am not saying anything here; I am really just curious why you think this video is special.

It's not that important to post on the rso email. Anybody here will clarify? Aaron maybe?

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:

RSO emailed me back and has chosen not to post the video because they don't want to infringe copyright law.

May I ask the rso people why they decided to care about copyright law in this case? Having official videos for download is a huge infringement! The other videos are not exactly of the hook either - they are copyrighted by the channel they were broadcast on.

Posting or not posting a video is up to you I am not saying anything here; I am really just curious why you think this video is special.

It's not that important to post on the rso email. Anybody here will clarify? Aaron maybe?

It's funny you say that Appt, because that was the first thing I thought, was that they have official vids up for download, and this is something that didn't cost extra, it was offered with the ticket purchase, it wasn't more expensive than the regular tickets. So I'm not quite sure what their specific reason in this case is. I just decided to respect their decision. Feel free to email them your query or ask them on the stix though.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's funny you say that Appt, because that was the first thing I thought, was that they have official vids up for download, and this is something that didn't cost extra, it was offered with the ticket purchase, it wasn't more expensive than the regular tickets. So I'm not quite sure what their specific reason in this case is. I just decided to respect their decision. Feel free to email them your query or ask them on the stix though.

Can you please put it on sendspace or megaupload or something?

Frowner

Some of the videos available for download on their site (like the official videos) have to be purchased through iTunes, so I definitely think it's an infringement to have them up there to be downloaded for free.

Anyway, Lost In Sounds, for whatever reason they refused to share the video you sent them. That's their call. There are other people here who really want to see the video, and I posted an alternative way of sharing that won't result in anyone being suspended by their host for copyright infringement. Can't you send the video to me? Please? Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Some of the videos available for download on their site (like the official videos) have to be purchased through iTunes, so I definitely think it's an infringement to have them up there to be downloaded for free.

Anyway, Lost In Sounds, for whatever reason they refused to share the video you sent them. That's their call. There are other people here who really want to see the video, and I posted an alternative way of sharing that won't result in anyone being suspended by their host for copyright infringement. Can't you send the video to me? Please? Frowner

Please send the video to her! we would all be so grateful! Frowner

quote:

quote:

It was not special. All the official videos are down now. We were asked to remove them. In light of the YouTube/WMG agreement just announced, it is really of little consequence anyway.

reg on!