Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Fox Theater Oakland 10/30/2009

Well, we probably won't get to see the video anytime soon unless some other person decides to share. I contacted a bunch of people I know who bought tickets to the show and they a) haven't received their download yet; B) remember receiving the download but likely deleted the email not thinking it was important. Frowner

It's bound to pop up sometime...

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

RSO emailed me back and has chosen not to post the video because they don't want to infringe copyright law.

May I ask the rso people why they decided to care about copyright law in this case? Having official videos for download is a huge infringement! The other videos are not exactly of the hook either - they are copyrighted by the channel they were broadcast on.

Posting or not posting a video is up to you I am not saying anything here; I am really just curious why you think this video is special.

It's not that important to post on the rso email. Anybody here will clarify? Aaron maybe?

It was not special. All the official videos are down now. We were asked to remove them. In light of the YouTube/WMG agreement just announced, it is really of little consequence anyway.

reg on!

Thank you for the explanation - it makes much more sense now.

Hope the video will surface soon, though. I'd love to see it. Plus I'm against that kind of methods. There are lots of fans who collect and want to have/see everything regina-related. Are they supposed to buy a ticket just to get the download and then let the ticket forfeit? Oh, and don't let me started on the iTunes exclusives... It's the 21st century; people should be given equal opportunities no matter where they live. This selectivenes is making me sick. It's not that I don't want to pay for it! I'd pay but, as hard as it is to believe, WBM doesn't want my money! WBM wants me to steal and then punish me for it.

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

Well, we probably won't get to see the video anytime soon unless some other person decides to share. I contacted a bunch of people I know who bought tickets to the show and they a) haven't received their download yet; B) remember receiving the download but likely deleted the email not thinking it was important. Frowner

It's bound to pop up sometime...

Yeah, we'll have to wait... hopefully it'll be available soon

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:

quote:

RSO emailed me back and has chosen not to post the video because they don't want to infringe copyright law.

May I ask the rso people why they decided to care about copyright law in this case? Having official videos for download is a huge infringement! The other videos are not exactly of the hook either - they are copyrighted by the channel they were broadcast on.

Posting or not posting a video is up to you I am not saying anything here; I am really just curious why you think this video is special.

It's not that important to post on the rso email. Anybody here will clarify? Aaron maybe?

It was not special. All the official videos are down now. We were asked to remove them. In light of the YouTube/WMG agreement just announced, it is really of little consequence anyway.

reg on!

Thank you for the explanation - it makes much more sense now.

Hope the video will surface soon, though. I'd love to see it. Plus I'm against that kind of methods. There are lots of fans who collect and want to have/see everything regina-related. Are they supposed to buy a ticket just to get the download and then let the ticket forfeit? Oh, and don't let me started on the iTunes exclusives... It's the 21st century; people should be given equal opportunities no matter where they live. This selectivenes is making me sick. It's not that I don't want to pay for it! I'd pay but, as hard as it is to believe, WBM doesn't want my money! WBM wants me to steal and then punish me for it.

I actually considered buying the ticket just to get the EPK. But I live nowhere near Oakland and that would be a waste. No one can afford to waste even a dollar these days.

as much as I want to see this videos, they sound rather strange :P "running around" "scary voice"... haha! they will probably surface soon, though. (pleeease?) why not send it to makingstuffup?

Yeah! It think the iTunes exclusive stuff is just wrong. OK. I do have iTunes, but not an account in their store.

But hey, I want REAL CD:s. That you can touch and see. Then they want me to buy the album again for two more songs...? I just don't get it.

Ok I sent my last download link to Making Stuff Up. I hope s/he (? sorry) can download it and put it up on mediafire or sendspace to share so ya'll can see it. I debated about whether or not to share it just because after RSO said it wasn't a good idea to host it on their server I was concerned about copyright and also considered what Regina would want. I figured that since I didn't pay anything extra for the video download and lots of you have bought tickets to see Regina on tour that it was fair game.

quote:

Ok I sent my last download link to Making Stuff Up. I hope s/he (? sorry) can download it and put it up on mediafire or sendspace to share so ya'll can see it. I debated about whether or not to share it just because after RSO said it wasn't a good idea to host it on their server I was concerned about copyright and also considered what Regina would want. I figured that since I didn't pay anything extra for the video download and lots of you have bought tickets to see Regina on tour that it was fair game.

Thanks so much! (I'm a girl, by the way :P)

Here's the video everybody:

clickyyyyy!!!