Sign in to follow this  
jesse

'left hand song' to be featured on upcoming compilation

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

haha, excellent! I had no idea! I was in class when I found that, so I couldn't listen to the "clip" and was assuming it was a 30sec preview or something. But this is awesome. I miss "AREAASSSSSSSS" but, wow, it's crazy good.

AND when she came out tonight, she was wearing the exact same outfit as in that picture. As I thought to myself, "hey! that's the shirt from the picture with Joshua Bell," I wondered if I was creepy...

Yeah, I kind of miss that way she sang "areas" too, but it's wonderful.

You're not creepy, you're just a good observer.Big Grin

Wow! I just LOVE the violin (only slightly less than the cello) and this is possibly one of my two all time favorite tracks (the other being Making Records). I don't know how many hundreds of times I have watched that video on youtube of her performing it when she had vertigo. It would just be amazing if Joshua Bell showed up and performed this when I see her again (one can dream!).

Wow, this turned out so gorgeous. Regina and Joshua did an excellent job. I love songs like this that showcase Regina's classical roots as a pianist, and it's even more impressive that she plays this with only the left hand. The violin adds another layer of beauty to an already beautiful song.

Two or three times during the song I have a feeling the violin and the piano plays something completely different and it doesn't work. It sounds weird to me.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Two or three times during the song I have a feeling the violin and the piano plays something completely different and it doesn't work. It sounds weird to me.

Huh I'm actually kind of picky about that kind of thing and I didn't feel that way during the song... I'll give it another listen to see if I can find where you're talking about.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Well they're not supposed to be playing the same thing, but I see what you mean that you don't think it works, though I disagree (I think it works well.)

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

Well they're not supposed to be playing the same thing, but I see what you mean that you don't think it works

of course they don't Smiler but it feels like the parts were not written before hand - it sounds more like jamming on the spot.