Sign in to follow this  
RJLupin2

Cinderella

Now, I know there's controversy over this song, and the others from the 1999 Demo Tape, but I love this song and have always wondered what your guys analyses might be.

[if you guys think that it's not appropriate to analyze Regina's early work, especially sine she didn't seem to want it heard, let me know, I'll be fine with letting the thread die]

Now, I know there's controversy over this song, and the others from the 1999 Demo Tape, but I love this song and have always wondered what your guys analyses might be.

[if you guys think that it's not appropriate to analyze Regina's early work, especially sine she didn't seem to want it heard, let me know, I'll be fine with letting the thread die]

I don't have a problem discussing the song, though I'm sure there will be others who disagree. I've only heard the song once, so I'm going to go read the lyrics and I'll be back soon to edit this post with my analysis of it.

Edit: Okay its going to take me a few days to come up with something... Wow what fascinating lyrics.

Well, it seems to be about people who are cast aside from society, and the way they come to terms with this status... I suppose that's really obvious, but I'll come up with more.

i'm assuming TiHiW and RJ are right about people probably wanting this thread to die. But can i just say: What a shame! This song is so intriguing! mostly the lyrics. Would anyone be upset if i posted them here? not a link to the youtube video of the song, but the lyrics as posted on songmeanings dot net?

If so, just say so and i'll remove them/this post.

May I do the un-troduction, Cinderella

Shoe, shoe was Cinderella

In this little cellar

We grow like weeds

Cause it's damp and dark

And we chose to park right here

Oh dear oh dear oh dea-ea-ea-ear

Someone is bound

To notice that we don't

Blend in no matter how hard

The bartender tries

With our parking skills

And our lullabies

So he lays and lies and lies

Awake

Sayin' oh man

I've got me a c**t back home

And she's got herself a

Bun in the oven

If you know what I mean

I mean I tried

I tried to keep the whole thing clean

And it never happened on a screen

And it was seen

Never happening by

Millions of people

Oh sometimes you just gotta

Sell your sou-ou-oul

Sometimes you just gotta

Sell your soul

Cinderella

Shoe, shoe

Cinderella, Cinderella

Shoe, shoe

Cindere-eh-eh-ella

please be good sports and give thoughts, because this is really an interresting piece,and it would be great to see what thoughts it conjures for everyone!

Well in some of the lyrics in the song, I feel that it explains how "Someone is bound To notice that we don't Blend in no matter how hard

The bartender tries"

which kinda reminds me of the real tale of Cinderella, how she kinda goes to the Ball but she doesn't quite feel like she blends in with everyone else. The bartender in the song, could represent the godmother (is it godmother or god faerie? haven't seen it in a while). Anyway the godmother tries to help her fit in by getting her the pumpkin carriage, the beautiful dress, and all that to help her out at the ball. and then the "shoe shoe" Cinderella represents the shoe she loses at the end of that tale.

Yeah but that's honestly all I can come up with. This song is a bit difficult to decipher lol. A lot of reg's songs are but that's why we love them Smiler.

Hope that made sense.