Sign in to follow this  
Be like the water, people.

Losing a Friend

^^^ It saddens me that she's letting herself be influenced like that... But again, if you've done all you can to make her realize that this isn't who she is, its up to her to realize it herself.

In the end the things that matter are all that's left, and I hope for both of your sakes that this friendship isn't an exception.

Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

You guys are fantastic. I can't thank you enough for your honesty and caring! it's great to know i have someone more neutral to talk to without being told to take my triffles elsewhere. This advice has been really helpful, and the encouragement uplifting. Smiler

No problem! Anytime....I am very happy that there is a little progress in restoring your friendship. Smiler

I was prepared for a much more defesive outburst! - I admire your open-mindedness.

After all, though, you know your friend best. If you feel she is manipulated by someone it is most probably true. If you feel the person she's become isn't really her than who am I to judge. You know her better than I do. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do for her besides waiting. Time will tell whether Caitlin realizes she's led astray.

thanks, Brady! you always make me smile.

Quick update: Cait texted me today, and she said she was done "needing time". what a relief! but then she added that she didn't think we should hang out together with other people. i told her i'd have to think about that. and at this point, i can't figure out if she doesn't want me around her firends, if she thinks things will be better for us if we don't have mutual friends, if she doesn't like /my/ friends, or even if her friend (mentioned in the previous update) may have put her up to this.

she hasn't apologized for how she's been acting, including the time during one of our infamous talks when i started crying (frustrated that i felt i was talking at her, adn she was tuning me out), and her response was, "you can just stop crying. everything is gonna be fine, so just dry your eyes and suck it up." completely aloof and seemingly uncaring. So i'm happy to be on speaking terms again, but she never responds well to criticism or heart-to-hearts. but we're going to have to talk again. *sigh*

but overall i'm guessing this is a good thing, even if it's tainted by the perilous texting conversation. Smiler