Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Is 2009 turning out to be great music year or what?

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:

Well Regina released Far so its been a KICK ASS MUSIC YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

You should expand your mind beyond Regina.

Ha I know, I just have such a bad case of Regintis, it is overpowering. But I am starting to like Ben Folds.

Can you/anyone recomend me any artist that are good/your favorites?????

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...3108598/m/5601011422

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...33108598/m/943102998

Enjoy. Smiler

My personal faves are Brandi Carlile, Lenka, and the Dixie Chicks, btw.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well Regina released Far so its been a KICK ASS MUSIC YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha I know, I just have such a bad case of Regintis, it is overpowering. But I am starting to like Ben Folds.

Can you/anyone recomend me any artist that are good/your favorites?????

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...3108598/m/5601011422

http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...33108598/m/943102998

Enjoy. Smiler

My personal faves are Brandi Carlile, Lenka, and the Dixie Chicks, btw.

Not trying to be a debbie downer but ohh it saddens me to see all those people from like 2005 who dont post anymore.... Frowner

quote:

Not trying to be a debbie downer but ohh it saddens me to see all those people from like 2005 who dont post anymore.... Frowner

Yeah that is a bummer... But that's normal with every community website. You post all the time for a year or so, and then you find something else. Fortunately the stix is such a tight little family that a lot of people have stuck around much longer than that. I hope I end up being one of them.

quote:
Originally posted by EnglishGuyinNYC:

Fiona Apple is self-confessed lazy when it comes to song writing. I seem to remember an interview that said, where she said she has released records, made money, enjoying life and doesn't want to sit down and write (emotional songs) when she is enjoying life. Plus the whole record company wranglings with the last album didn't hurt.

But still, 3 albums in over 10 years is a bit poor.

Yeah, I know that. I wish she had more albums. But, of course, it is natural to write only when you feel the need to do so, even if it's rare. As long as it's good...And I adore all 3 albums.

Likely nobody has heard about my only other obsessed-with artists (unless you listen to Dispatch, or System of a Down, respectively), but they both have albums coming out next month. I'm flipping almost as much shit as was flipped for Far. They are:

State Radio- Let It Go

Serj Tankian- Elect the Dead Symphony(With the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra... squeal!)

And I'm told The Decemberists' "The Hazards of Love" is amazing, but I'm lazy to attain it.

quote:

However, people should discover music at their own pace. I'm a walking example of the fact that some people can't just be force fed music, and that it's okay if you don't listen to eight hundred different artists. I've gotten enough guff for not liking certain artists in my lifetime, there's no need to keep that going.

Hahaha nooooonono, my bad. Dispatch broke up in 2004 (and SOAD in 2006). State Radio is the band of one of the guys, Chad, from Dispatch (And Serj Tankian is the singer from SOAD). I was a fan of Disatch before they broke up, but State Radio, since 2002, has easily become one of my favorite bands... ever. As weird as it may sound, I consider Chad from State Radio the male rock artist version of Regina. Both modest as hell, soft spoken, prolific writers and composers with unmatched ingenuity in their music, who also just go insane once they're on stage haha. PLUS their fans stay up on their constant flow of new live material with fan recordings... but I DIGRESS.

But hey if you ever want any of their music, lemme know! I'd love to send any to you!

However, people should discover music at their own pace. I'm a walking example of the fact that some people can't just be force fed music, and that it's okay if you don't listen to eight hundred different artists. I've gotten enough guff for not liking certain artists in my lifetime, there's no need to keep that going.

Hey thanks, that made me feel better about myself, I am very self counscious... I have never been big on listening to music ever. I went through this big hip hop stage when I was seven though, that was it... But never had any fav artists or anything like that.....

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

Thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one... There's nothing worse than someone who thrusts their musical taste on you and is hurt that you don't "love it" immediately. And forcing yourself to like music that doesn't really speak to you just defeats the purpose.

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

Hahaha nooooonono, my bad. Dispatch broke up in 2004 (and SOAD in 2006). State Radio is the band of one of the guys, Chad, from Dispatch (And Serj Tankian is the singer from SOAD). I was a fan of Disatch before they broke up, but State Radio, since 2002, has easily become one of my favorite bands... ever. As weird as it may sound, I consider Chad from State Radio the male rock artist version of Regina. Both modest as hell, soft spoken, prolific writers and composers with unmatched ingenuity in their music, who also just go insane once they're on stage haha. PLUS their fans stay up on their constant flow of new live material with fan recordings... but I DIGRESS.

But hey if you ever want any of their music, lemme know! I'd love to send any to you!

Oooh.. haha.. no my bad. I didn't read your post right. lol. I thought I had read that they had broken up when I went to see if they were playing anywhere. That's really too bad..

But yeah, I'd definitely like to hear State Radio. Send me something if you really don't mind!

Here's my e-mail:

tossyourplastic@gmail.com

Thanks! Smiler