Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Is 2009 turning out to be great music year or what?

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

I just can't wait to get my hands on Émilie Simon's The Big Machine!

i did not know she was releasing a new album...nice.

Oh I'm so glad someone else likes her too! I'm lovin' Dreamland, you can listen a part of it at her mySpace. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

Serj Tankian- Elect the Dead Symphony(With

the Auckland Philharmonic Orchestra... squeal!)

squeal! isn't enough - that, my friend, is going to be a musical orgasm!!

quote:

However, people should discover music at their own pace. I'm a walking example of the fact that some people can't just be force fed music, and that it's okay if you don't listen to eight hundred different artists. I've gotten enough guff for not liking certain artists in my lifetime, there's no need to keep that going.

I'm one of those people who listen to 800+ artist (hard to keep track of who is releasing and when - only downside). I'm like that with everything - books, movies or information, the more the better. It opens one's mind to different views. I believe it makes one more tolerant. Sticking to just one thing is never right. To me, it's a sign the person never tried anything else, mostly with tendency to hate everything except their "perfect" little world.

btw Brady, it's not aimed at you! You probably should listen to more than only Reg but I understand that your obssesion is still too young and fresh to even acknowledge the existence of anything else! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

I'm one of those people who listen to 800+ artist (hard to keep track of who is releasing and when - only downside). I'm like that with everything - books, movies or information, the more the better. It opens one's mind to different views. I believe it makes one more tolerant. Sticking to just one thing is never right. To me, it's a sign the person never tried anything else, mostly with tendency to hate everything except their "perfect" little world.

I wish I could be one of those people but my pathetic time management skills don't allow me to dabble in that much culture. And I could never keep track of 800 artists... My iPod has 102 different artists and I can honestly call myself a dedicated fan of maybe six of them.

^^ My time management concept is quite simple - being amazingly socialy incapable determines my not having a life so I don't have to manage my time - I have plenty of it Big Grin

Anyways, I have a "top three", about 30-50 (depends on current mood) bands/artists I follow closely and can call myself a fan of and then the rest. You know, good album here and there, few good songs - am interested in them around the time of a new release and then forget them for the next three years Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

^^ My time management concept is quite simple - being amazingly socialy incapable determines my not having a life so I don't have to manage my time - I have plenty of it Big Grin

Haha oh that explains it. I'm one of those rare people who's completely socially inept and somehow has a life regardless.