Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Riot Gear!

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Okay, you are a professional song interperter!!! Seriously, you are just so good at it. And your takes on songs are very beautiful....thanks for replying. Smiler

You're welcome for the reply. But you've gotten quite carried away! thanks, though. i needed an ego boost! WinkRazzer

you are! This is one of those songs that I just listened to without thinking of the meaning so I can't really come up with my interpretation.

"I would if I could but I can't so I won't"

^^ I agree, in that two minutes she delivers such an amazing package. I think Riot Gear represents the coolest side of Reg.

I was listening to the Beacon Theatre Show, which I guess was the premiere, and noticed that she messed up the words: "In the library of my house I have a book, medieval jokes..."

As to what it means, this has probably been said in the other thread, but I think it is a bit ironic that she talks about how slow the world goes, when she covers an entire day-in-the-life in a 2-minute song.

^^ What! I havent noticed that! And I have been listening to that recording for ages! Thanks for pointing that out.

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie R.:

I think it is a bit ironic that she talks about how slow the world goes, when she covers an entire day-in-the-life in a 2-minute song.

It took the Beatles five minutes. Wink

But yeah, that is funny. The song's narrator seems to be rushing things, without actually accomplishing anything.

^^ Depsite being totally obsessed with this song for months, I haven't made those observations you guys made about the lyrics! I love this song even more! Thanks! Big Grin

I do the same thing, most of the time. I can sing along with words but I don't know what they are or what they mean. For example, I got Begin to Hope not long after it came out, then didn't look into the lyrics to most of the songs until July of this year (when my Reginitis really got started).

I know the names of virtually no songs that I love because I get the CD then play it without following the titles on the printout.

I got a home theater system with the ipod hookup and when I went to pick out a song on the tv screen I had no clue what I was looking for... My beloved Red Hot Chili Peppers were the most difficult.

P.S. Stadium Arcadium is led zeppelinesque in its ability to make me change my favorite song periodically