Sign in to follow this  
holdonyourhonour

DEAR MOD,

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Most forums have Moderators. Most forums have rules.

I understand where you're coming from, why you're angry, but this is what a moderator does. Yeah, you're right, it's not really fair for them to automatically assume that someone's a troll or spammer, but Brümstix has had it's own residents spam before, I'm sure Mod was just being cautious.

From now on we should let it be known when a new account is being made from our homes, so the mod doesn't ban/delete it.

It would be nice if the mod would become more active in the forum, or at least let us know who they are.

With regards to the "Warning!" thread... I don't know, I find it extremely weird that it got deleted...

most forums have clearly stated rules, not "oh well i'll just make it up as i go along" rules.

i think it would be a bit ridiculous to have to say, hey my sibling/parent/whoever is joining the stix now, don't ban them.

other than that, i've never seen anyone do any spamming on the forums.

also, hello rjlupin2.

Yeah, you're right, if there are official rules, they should be posted somewhere.

I do have a question though. Why didn't you speak out when this happened? It could have been resolved quickly and easily had you done so.

Also, I was referring to when the mod first started, right around the time that Kate and Rawin left. A couple members created multiple accounts and started "spamming" a couple threads.

Mod said this:

quote:
Originally posted by mod:

i was asked to do some things and keep the board positive.to my surprise some long standing members have set up alias accounts and spam the board.it's unfortunate that the clean up i was asked to do seems to be coming from within.think before you post.ip addresses don't lie.

then said shortly after:

quote:

please do not post under alias account.understand that banning is not something i like 2 do.it result in all of your accounts being suspended.please cooperate. peace

I understand that you had no intention of spamming, but the mod didn't.

And hello to you too Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Yeah, you're right, if there are official rules, they should be posted somewhere.

I do have a question though. Why didn't you speak out when this happened? It could have been resolved quickly and easily had you done so.

Also, I was referring to when the mod first started, right around the time that Kate and Rawin left. A couple members created multiple accounts and started "spamming" a couple threads.

Mod said this:

quote:

i was asked to do some things and keep the board positive.to my surprise some long standing members have set up alias accounts and spam the board.it's unfortunate that the clean up i was asked to do seems to be coming from within.think before you post.ip addresses don't lie.

then said shortly after:

quote:

please do not post under alias account.understand that banning is not something i like 2 do.it result in all of your accounts being suspended.please cooperate. peace

I understand that you had no intention of spamming, but the mod didn't.

And hello to you too Big Grin

i did not think it would continuously happen. i thought perhaps the first time was a mistake made by mod.

i think i also made a post on that thread stating that, everyone on this forum is using alias accounts. and why shouldn't we? it's the internets.

/ off topic

quote:
Originally posted by holdonyourhonour:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

please excuse.drunk.threw up in mouth little bit.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

please excuse.drunk.threw up in mouth little bit.

alright there srg?

don't know what your problem is, i've never done anything to you. in fact we don't even know each other...

i guess you probably shouldn't post on the stix if you're so drunk you are throwing up.

sounds like you need a bathroom.

quote:

alright there srg?

don't know what your problem is, i've never done anything to you. in fact we don't even know each other...

i guess you probably shouldn't post on the stix if you're so drunk you are throwing up.

Forgive me...I only meant to imply, in my jocular sort of way, that you, sir or madame, in the context of this thread, are full of crap. Nothing personal.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

quote:

alright there srg?

Forgive me...I only meant to imply, in my jocular sort of way, that you, sir or madame, in the context of this thread, are full of crap. Nothing personal.

i am not full of crap, in regards to this thread.

Yea, well I understand why that MOD is taking precautions until he/she fixes this whole issue with people trying or wanting to spam these forums. Mod has done alot in cleaning up these threads, and keeping the stix safe and tidy. So I give he/she alot of thanks and credit. I am so sorry about your sisters account. Hopefully she will be able to make one and I look forward to talking with her.... Smiler

Hey hoyh...I think srg is just trying to say that people have spammed the forum and was laughing that you didn't think so. There were quite a few spammers (all the same person?) not too long ago and they would still be here if mod hadn't banned them.

I understand why you're mad, but just try to work it out with mod. I'm sure he/she (sorry mod, don't know which you are) is just being cautious to prevent the same thing from happening again.