Sign in to follow this  
holdonyourhonour

DEAR MOD,

about the whole "warning" thing from 4chan, they're not a personal army or anything. what would they want to bother with broomsticks for?

they are pretty lazy unless it involves scientology

(ps. tell your siblings i said hello, holdonyourhonour)

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

There is something patently unfair about life, when his sister gets her account deleted over and over again and an asshole like me gets to keep my account!

Haha accurate self-deprecation...

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

I do have a question though. Why didn't you speak out when this happened? It could have been resolved quickly and easily had you done so.

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by holdonyourhonour:

i think i also made a post on that thread stating that, everyone on this forum is using alias accounts. and why shouldn't we? it's the internets.

/ off topic

I don't understand the allcaps accusations. Mod is doing his/her job. It was nothing personal the only one being personal is you.

PLUS, this in not the "internets". This is a privately-owned forum. This is not your or my living room where you say/do whatever you want. This is someone elses's "living room" where you have to behave according to the owners rules. If you don't like it...

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

I do have a question though. Why didn't you speak out when this happened? It could have been resolved quickly and easily had you done so.

Exactly

quote:

i think i also made a post on that thread stating that, everyone on this forum is using alias accounts. and why shouldn't we? it's the internets.

/ off topic

I don't understand the allcaps accusations. Mod is doing his/her job. It was nothing personal the only one being personal is you.

PLUS, this in not the "internets". This is a privately-owned forum. This is not your or my living room where you say/do whatever you want. This is someone elses's "living room" where you have to behave according to the owners rules. If you don't like it...

1. if you had read my response to rjlupin2's question you would know the answer to it. saying "exactly" is agreeing with a question i answered.

if you want to be technical, i am speaking out about it right after it happened, seeing as how her most recent attempt at an account was recently suspended.

2. this forum is on the internet. to join you simply sign up, confirm, and post. saying this forum is not the internet is like saying that myspace (that privately owned endeavor by tom) is not the internet. this forum has the same privacy levels as myspace.

p.s. how does freedom of speech not apply on the internet? would you honestly like to live in a place where you couldn't say whole, nice, fine, proper sentences about things? that is the only thing my sister was doing.

so we can see, that mod was not doing his/her job. mod was suspending my sisters accounts for what?

as of right now, mod still hasn't tried to resolve this issue.

as regina wrote at the top of the forum

"this is a place where i hope people can write their ideas and share..."

this is not utopia, not everyone has the same opinions.

quote:

2. this forum is on the internet. to join you simply sign up, confirm, and post. saying this forum is not the internet is like saying that myspace (that privately owned endeavor by tom) is not the internet. this forum has the same privacy levels as myspace.

p.s. how does freedom of speech not apply on the internet? would you honestly like to live in a place where you couldn't say whole, nice, fine, proper sentences about things? that is the only thing my sister was doing.

Yes, I'm saying exactly that. Internet is a bunch of cables, stalites, boxes and wires. It connects one spot to another. That's all. The connection doesn't belong to anybody, the data which are transfered, on the other hand, are owned. The Stix was created by someone, myspace was created by someone and those "someones" have their right to make whatever rules they want. If you want to use their services you have to behave accordingly just like in public transportation or at a concert walking through a metal detector being touched by security forcing to throw out a plastic bottle. They have a right to do that. You have a right to refuse and leave their premises.

Freedom of speech, yes, it applies just as well as anywhere else - can't swear in school, can't swear on TV, you have to be politicaly correct on TV, can't deny holocaust in germany, can't say racist things in CzechRep, people have been prosecuted for writing fictional sex themed stories in UK...

By exercising your right you cannot violate rights of others, namely create a virtual discussion board with a set of rules. I can make my own board and say "freedom of speech doesn't apply here" and I wouldn't be doing anything illegal. There is no right saying you HAVE to be granted access to a platform on the internet.

quote:

I believe your sister is a nice person. I have nothing against her. I would welcome her here and would certainly have a lovely chat with her. However, at least to me, the way you chose your "complaint" to sound (pity her, you're bulying her, the CAPS) is impolite, rude and possessive. If you just explained the situation and politely asked for an exception. It would be granted and this two page discussion would be more about people being unconditionally on your side rather than defending mod. And on that note, mod is not here all the time.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:

Yes, I'm saying exactly that. Internet is a bunch of cables, stalites, boxes and wires. It connects one spot to another. That's all. The connection doesn't belong to anybody, the data which are transfered, on the other hand, are owned. The Stix was created by someone, myspace was created by someone and those "someones" have their right to make whatever rules they want. If you want to use their services you have to behave accordingly just like in public transportation or at a concert walking through a metal detector being touched by security forcing to throw out a plastic bottle. They have a right to do that. You have a right to refuse and leave their premises.

Freedom of speech, yes, it applies just as well as anywhere else - can't swear in school, can't swear on TV, you have to be politicaly correct on TV, can't deny holocaust in germany, can't say racist things in CzechRep, people have been prosecuted for writing fictional sex themed stories in UK...

By exercising your right you cannot violate rights of others, namely create a virtual discussion board with a set of rules. I can make my own board and say "freedom of speech doesn't apply here" and I wouldn't be doing anything illegal. There is no right saying you HAVE to be granted access to a platform on the internet.

quote:

I believe your sister is a nice person. I have nothing against her. I would welcome her here and would certainly have a lovely chat with her. However, at least to me, the way you chose your "complaint" to sound (pity her, you're bulying her, the CAPS) is impolite, rude and possessive. If you just explained the situation and politely asked for an exception. It would be granted and this two page discussion would be more about people being unconditionally on your side rather than defending mod. And on that note, mod is not here all the time.

Good point.......

quote:
Originally posted by .:

apparently a few months ago, people had multiple accounts. What their reasons were, i don't know, maybe for laughs. whatever other people's reasons were, as far back as i can remember, there have ALWAYS been multiple accounts, MusicLoser, H Hilary Duff, etc, both by "long standing members" of the stix.

R

George being hilary duff was so good, hahaha. are you still on her fan site? Razzer