quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

PLUS, this in not the "internets".

it's not? what am i doing here with a computer? omg are you guys at my house

you guys/girls bring the lulz.

Guys, you know perfectly well what I've meant...don't you? Confused

quote:
Originally posted by .:

hey everyone. i've been absent i know, but i was asked by several people to read this and put in my input, since they knew i was familiar with Mod's banning.

apparently a few months ago, people had multiple accounts. What their reasons were, i don't know, maybe for laughs. whatever other people's reasons were, as far back as i can remember, there have ALWAYS been multiple accounts, MusicLoser, Hilary Duff, etc, both by "long standing members" of the stix.

my reason for having created a second account, was personal, and it would be pointless to explain it all to you as it would ruin all hopes of anonymity. let me just say i had reasons to become anonymous, and to do that i either had to change my display name, or create a new account. Of course, people lost their shit and freaked out by the change of my display name. i after three days of trying out new ones, i had settled on one

that i liked, but people still freaked out and acted like they couldn't recognise me (although they could recognise me enough to get mad at me). So I gave up on that

I then decided to use a second account and post under there. Mod didn't like it when he found out that several users had multiple accounts, and he posted a warning about banning users with multiple accounts. So I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED FROM MOD by reporting my own post and under the explanation I asked him to please delete or suspend my primary account, because i wished to use my new one.

The request was ignored, and soon after, Mod had written his second warning and the account that I wanted to use was deleted.

i gave him the benefit of a doubt and sometime later i used the new account to visit the stix after a break, in order to post "Happy Birthday" to Suih. I was the first one to say happy birthday to her, but Mod thought it fit to delete it anyway. shortly after that is when that account was suspended.

So it seems it doesn't matter, i think your sister will be banned and ignored. and "trolling" apparently consists of happy birthday posts.

R

That's quite the sob story, dot. Then again, you could have just changed your name and said, 'hey guys, i have to change my name for personal/privacy reasons. please don't address me by old name.' I'm sure nobody would have lost their shit over that. (That is, of course, giving YOU the benefit of the doubt and assuming that there is a legitimate reason that your handle on this forum is of such concern).

And why do I suspect that not all of your posts under your alternate identities were so cheerfully innocuous as birthday greetings?

On a completely unrelated note, welcome Socks, atleru, Spanky McSpanks, et al! Let me guess--spinster aunt? Introverted college roommate? Sweet saintly old grandmother?

Slightly off-topic, sorry.

but i don't understand about the older members spamming the forums? What's the story there? how long ago was it?

Anyway, I agree that Mod has /every/ right to ban your sibs, not because they're trolls, but because there's reason to believe, based on past Stixers's actions, that your so-called siblings are actually just excuses for you to have pseudo accounts to spam with. Just looking at the past experiences. Apparently more established members than yourself have spammed. so i woulnd't take it too personally that Mod's being so cautious, considering your sis's account is recreating the situations that led to spam.

and after last nights disaster, i wouldn't expect your sis to be granted an account any time soon.

Tell her, if you would, that there are plenty (all) of us here ready to welcome her with open arms once this blows over and is sorted out. I can't wait to meet her-it seems she'll be an active participant in the forums, from the background you've given us about her. and i'm glad that she'll have such an open, accepting community to turn to, soon enough! (feel free to paraphrase lol)

I remember reading Rawins account of the McCarren show and meeting srg for the first time having known each other on the stix for many years.It was a great read and really brought home the feeling of community that the stix was known for,and the respekt they had for each other.

Its sad now to read of Rawins discontent about the place and to see srg come in and pull him up about his comments.

I'm not taking sides (i have huge respekt for both),but just pointing out that the stix aint what it used to be and a lot of absent stixers prove this.Anyway...

Rawin...miss ya mate.

As someone who has absolutely no seniority, credibility, or valid opinions, may I just say, everyone should just sit back, have a bowl of ice cream, and chill out.

Edit: BUT I DIGRESS

I don't really see how anybody bitching to anybody will solve anything. So if someone's got a problem, make a post for the Mod to see, wait for reply, etc, and everyone's freakin happy. I'm off to get some ice cream now.

woah woah woah. I rarely check the stix for about a week and miss so much... drama. What happened with the discusting photos and that's why it was temporarily down? Did someone really accuse old stixers of spamming the site with the pics? I'm lost on this developing/always going on/evolving situation.

I'm just gonna keep postin love for regina.

Screw the rest of the B.S!

let's make that my motto for now. I am interested though. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

woah woah woah. I rarely check the stix for about a week and miss so much... drama. What happened with the discusting photos and that's why it was temporarily down? Did someone really accuse old stixers of spamming the site with the pics? I'm lost on this developing/always going on/evolving situation.

I'm just gonna keep postin love for regina.

Screw the rest of the B.S!

let's make that my motto for now. I am interested though. Wink

No no one's accusing old members of the recent spam attack. The stuff about old members with multiple accounts is a whole other story.

But you're right! Let's just keep being stixers the best way we know how.

quote:
Originally posted by mattrscity:

I remember reading Rawins account of the McCarren show and meeting srg for the first time having known each other on the stix for many years.It was a great read and really brought home the feeling of community that the stix was known for,and the respekt they had for each other.

Its sad now to read of Rawins discontent about the place and to see srg come in and pull him up about his comments.

I'm not taking sides (i have huge respekt for both),but just pointing out that the stix aint what it used to be and a lot of absent stixers prove this.Anyway...

Rawin...miss ya mate.

Couldn't have said it better.