Sign in to follow this  
Mumrik

What's the first reg song you memorized?

quote:
Originally posted by Mumrik:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

Three-way competition for the best singer of C.O.S. ... this has possibilities. Are we being serious here, guys? cause that would be so cool! maybe we should open this up to all of the Stix in a new thread. Those who don't compete will be judges. We can make youtube videos (or any other site, i guess) of the entries, post links, then hold a poll!!! this would be awesome! i bet lots of people would want to try..

maybe this will catch on and become a new "game" on the Stix, kind of like the pick the best album, or name that reg tune!

unless i'm being the moron who thinks the joke is for real when everyone else knows it's not, and there's no chance you guys would wanna do this. in which case, disregard this post....

I think that's a brilliant idea. Cool

I'm so in. Big Grin

And do I get bonus points for stopping in the middle and going, "This is why I'm not MC Hammer!"?

(That was, for lack of better/existent words, punctuationally confusing.)

^^^ Yeah that sounds fun! Idk if I'll be able to upload anything myself (not allowed on Youtube- parental controls) But I'd be willing to vote!

Edit: Lmao I just used my computer mic to record myself doing the first verse of COS and I was astonished by how awful I am... Haha I didn't realize that I have generic awkward-17-year-old voice.

quote:

Three-way competition for the best singer of C.O.S. ... this has possibilities. Are we being serious here, guys? cause that would be so cool! maybe we should open this up to all of the Stix in a new thread. Those who don't compete will be judges. We can make youtube videos (or any other site, i guess) of the entries, post links, then hold a poll!!! this would be awesome! i bet lots of people would want to try..

maybe this will catch on and become a new "game" on the Stix, kind of like the pick the best album, or name that reg tune!

unless i'm being the moron who thinks the joke is for real when everyone else knows it's not, and there's no chance you guys would wanna do this. in which case, disregard this post....

I would be in!!

quote:
Originally posted by In your head...:

First time I've seen her was on a youtube clip 'Good Morning America' performing 'Laughing With'.

Yes, yes, yes, welcome to the world of being a Regina fan!!! Do you have Reginitis?

quote:

Count me in too!!!! =D just start the thread and I'll be there :P youtube is a great idea. and if we don't want as many others to see we can just decide on what tags to use. something odd then... hehe. idk if that would make any difference.

Fidelity, then musicbox and then... I'm not sure

the next few were from the following list, not sure of the order.

That Time

Better

December

Aquarius

20 years of snow

Chemo Limo

Loveology

I think many of us used limewire and as we became more and more obsessed we would search regina spektor and download more and more of the ones that would pop up haha. Anyone with me? Then when we had all of them under searching her majesty's name we would search specific names of songs. Then after havin all of the possible ones I could have on limewire I struggled to find songs such as "I cut off my hair" and such.... Then Rawin discovered my obsession and found me on myspace and led me to this forum and Respektonline.

I remember crying when I found out ppl were as obsessed as me and I could have any song I wanted of hers that existed. All of them. And I wasn't a youtube obsessee yet so I hadn't heard em. SmilerSmilerSmiler

wow. a lot longer than I thought, BUT that's my story! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

yaaay! people like the idea!

idk if i'd participate myself... maybe if i made my roomie learn it, then we can perform together, but i'm so self-concious of my voice Red Face

either way, how exciting! i'll start the thread soon if no one beats me to it Wink

anyhoo, can't remember if i ever posted an answer relevant to this thread, and frankly too lazy to check...

my first reg songs that i learned were:

on the radio

fidelity

folding chair

ezra pound

us

reginasaurus (a little later)

chemo limo

consequence of sounds Big Grin

apres moi

just like the movies

and ghost of corporate future

haha regina was a.l.l. i listened to for a while there... like, i dispised any music that didn't come from her. lol some days i still do. but it's a process..

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:

Count me in too!!!! =D just start the thread and I'll be there :P youtube is a great idea. and if we don't want as many others to see we can just decide on what tags to use. something odd then... hehe. idk if that would make any difference.

I'm so in! I finally got it DOWN on the keyboard + hand slap

bring it on!!! haha Smiler