Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

DiVX Files to iTunes?

Recommended Posts

Have you tried seeing whether it is recognized in iTunes?

Another thought. Most of our vids are only marginally compressed. Do you really want that big of a file on your iPod?

There are converters out there. The one that pops to mind immediately is handbrake. Try using it to convert it to H.264 format.

Download here: http://handbrake.fr/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Have you tried seeing whether it is recognized in iTunes?

Yeah I tried adding the file six times and iTunes just ignored me. It stung...

quote:

Another thought. Most of our vids are only marginally compressed. Do you really want that big of a file on your iPod?

There are converters out there. The one that pops to mind immediately is handbrake. Try using it to convert it to H.264 format.

Download here: http://handbrake.fr/

Okay thanks! Is it a safe download? I mean, is there a risk of getting any kind of malware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Okay thanks! Is it a safe download? I mean, is there a risk of getting any kind of malware?

Just so you know, I would never put something up here that I hadn't used and verified myself. Kudos to you for asking. A lot of people don't!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Okay thanks! Is it a safe download? I mean, is there a risk of getting any kind of malware?

Just so you know, I would never put something up here that I hadn't used and verified myself. Kudos to you for asking. A lot of people don't!

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't insult your trustworth by asking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Just so you know, I would never put something up here that I hadn't used and verified myself. Kudos to you for asking. A lot of people don't!

Though I guess the above statement really means nothing too in the realm of things. In the immortal words of reg, you don't know me....at all.

With that said Handbrake is very well known and popular. Here is a wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^ I'm kind of embarrassed that I had never heard of it...

Okay so I downloaded it, and I was informed that I couldn't run the program because I don't have the program ".Net Framework 2." So I downloaded that, and I still get the same message telling me I don't have it...

Suggestions? I'm bad at this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Okay so I downloaded it, and I was informed that I couldn't run the program because I don't have the program ".Net Framework 2." So I downloaded that, and I still get the same message telling me I don't have it...

Suggestions? I'm bad at this.

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFAQ#netFramework

Looks like 3.5 is the answer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Okay so I downloaded it, and I was informed that I couldn't run the program because I don't have the program ".Net Framework 2." So I downloaded that, and I still get the same message telling me I don't have it...

Suggestions? I'm bad at this.

http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportFAQ#netFramework

Looks like 3.5 is the answer...

Thank you!! Your help is very appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this