Sign in to follow this  
spiderplant

misheard lyrics

in true nme stylee, this post hopes to obtain the funniest, stupidest and most goddamn obscure mishearings in the divine, but often bizzare world of regina lyrics. i'll start us off, as i have no shame..... lyrics are 'not much hair left on his head' in 'samson'. i heard (for weeks too) 'numbed a chair-lift on his head'. the thing is, samson being knocked out by a stannah is not completely improbable in regworld. also, because of her intonation, i STILL hear 'your mama was huge' rather than 'here' in 'prisoners'. that puts me in mind of all those fat mother jokes, y'know, 'your mother's so fat when she turns 'round it's her birthday again'. ho. please add to this treasury of foolishness!

in true nme stylee, this post hopes to obtain the funniest, stupidest and most goddamn obscure mishearings in the divine, but often bizzare world of regina lyrics. i'll start us off, as i have no shame..... lyrics are 'not much hair left on his head' in 'samson'. i heard (for weeks too) 'numbed a chair-lift on his head'. the thing is, samson being knocked out by a stannah is not completely improbable in regworld. also, because of her intonation, i STILL hear 'your mama was huge' rather than 'here' in 'prisoners'. that puts me in mind of all those fat mother jokes, y'know, 'your mother's so fat when she turns 'round it's her birthday again'. ho. please add to this treasury of foolishness!

Welll.....

In chemo limo, i am still unclear, I think that she is saying, "momma gonna go out in style...", but i read lyrics on some lyrics.com or something like that and it said, "I'ma gonna go out in style" but im right, right?

Jef,

You are right. Lyric sites suck. I was looking up the lyrics to the Hot Hot Heat song "Goodnight, Goodnight" and in one part of the song they wrote a question mark. I was like Wha... Any how. You are not the only one who is confused with understanding her lyrics. In the song "Us" I thought she said "Take photographs of one" Insted of the actual "Take photographs have fun. Have fun." I later mistook "We wear our scarves just like a noose. But not 'cause we want eternal sleep." for "We wear our scarves just like we used. But not 'cause the quantity is steep." And later went onto make the misteak of determining "And though our parts are slightly used. New ones are slave labor you can keep." for "And though our parts are slightly used. You want a sick label you can keep." And later did it again for the fourth time with "The sculptors mama's send reagards" with "Pure jibberish." So I can see how you would get confused. My problem was listening to her songs and not taking the time to take in the beauty of her lyrics. A misteak I will never make again. Now that I am a loyal fan. I suppose it is her lovely Russian accent.

--Isn't Chemo Limo such a beautifully sad song?

-Livize.

The first time I heard 'Samson' I though Regina sang: "Beneath the sheets of vapour lies my youth", but yeah- that was an incredibly stupid mistake on account of the fact that in that particular verse she doesn't use odd tonality, and her phrasing's pretty clear. Haha, oh well.... *Slaps self in head* Roll Eyes

It's funny how people mishear lyrics, eh?

"and to see me makes her awful sad, and to touch me makes her awful sad" I heard for some odd reason as, "to me makes an awful sound, and to touch me makes an awful sound"