Sign in to follow this  
spiderplant

misheard lyrics

quote:
Originally posted by Yaya:

correct lyrics: Machine - "my eyes are bi-focal"

I never "heard" her say this, but I always forget what the first line from "Machine" is, plus I don't know what bi-focal means anyways, so when singing along I usually go,

"my eyes are bi-polar" Smiler

bifocal: adj. having two lenses Smiler

In Chemo Limo, I always heard the line "Michael sat on my knees and whispered to me all about the meanies" as "My kids sat on my knees and whispered to me all about the meaning."

quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa:

This is fun. Smiler

I think many of us ( including me ) thought she's singing "while you stare at your boobs" instead of "books" I think she did that one on purpose. Smiler

Woah. It's "books"? I'd always thought it was "boobs", but then changed my mind to "boots"... interesting. I'd wondered, but been to lazy to look it up :P

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa:

This is fun. Smiler

I think many of us ( including me ) thought she's singing "while you stare at your boobs" instead of "books" I think she did that one on purpose. Smiler

Woah. It's "books"? I'd always thought it was "boobs", but then changed my mind to "boots"... interesting. I'd wondered, but been to lazy to look it up :P

Me too! Every time I listen to it I think its "boobs" but then two seconds later I'll remember its not.

that's funny, because on the heels of "dirty old nem", i assumed the line was "stare at your boobs" lol

me: "*gasp* why... reGIna! i'm shocked!"

Regina: "and the words float out like holograms...."

me: "...oh. Gotcha. my-my bad..."

and the calculation: "happy fires, they're spinnin', burnin' a son." lol well, it was something like that

In Hero I thought it was

" HE opened WYTHEROCOMB's Original Sin." Like the name of a book.

Now I know it's "hey open wide here comes original sin."

Which makes more sense.

Also in Modern Girls and Old Fashion Men I just had no idea about the lyrics whatsoever and I still don't!! Big Grin