Sign in to follow this  
spiderplant

misheard lyrics

quote:
Originally posted by Alarmclock:

Somehow I always heard "your ears in your headphones..." instead of "you're using your headphones..."

Haha I always thought it was kinda weird.

Actually, I believe "Your ears in" is the correct lyric. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

In Ain't No Cover, I used to just kind of slur over the lines, "But I love no other," when I was singing along, and then my brain replaced them with the words, "But I love a mother."

Yes...same exact problem right here.

As for the boobs/boots/books debate. I never really thought she said boobs. And I never realized the lyric was actually books, until I watched the

Therefore, BOOTS was deeply ingrained in my brain for a long time. Even though, in reality, books makes more sense. To me boots made perfect sense because it reminded me of Happiness is a Warm Gun.

man in the crowd with the multicolored mirrors on his hobnail boots

holograms and boots. makes perfect sense, yeah...even though it's the girl who's looking at her "boots" not the dirty old man. oh my.

quote:

In Ain't No Cover, I used to just kind of slur over the lines, "But I love no other," when I was singing along, and then my brain replaced them with the words, "But I love a mother."

And then "lover" became "mother" in every other part of the song.

Ain't No Cover sort of confuses me. It always sounds like she's saying "a mother," but a lot of websites say that the lyrics are "none other" or something like that, which makes more sense than "a mother" but is clearly not what she's saying. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

quote:

Ain't No Cover sort of confuses me. It always sounds like she's saying "a mother," but a lot of websites say that the lyrics are "none other" or something like that, which makes more sense than "a mother" but is clearly not what she's saying. Confused

Is it possible that the character in this song (if indeed there is one) is talking to their Mother? What I always thought she was saying, was: "But I love him, Mother!", almost as if her mother is forbidding her to see this guy? I don't know Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

quote:

Is it possible that the character in this song (if indeed there is one) is talking to their Mother? What I always thought she was saying, was: "But I love him, Mother!", almost as if her mother is forbidding her to see this guy? I don't know Razzer

yes! that's what I hear too! Smiler He's 8 miles high... (either drugs or that he's way out of her league, they don't match) and she's talking to her mother about it. the lyrics are kind of teenage-ish. "'til the day that I die". anyway he's not good for her, and her mother disapproves. "but I adore him!"

ps. drugs reference: "he sits there smoking his breath away"

hm. maybe this conversation should be moved to the lyrics thread.

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

yes! that's what I hear too! Smiler He's 8 miles high... (either drugs or that he's way out of her league, they don't match) and she's talking to her mother about it. the lyrics are kind of teenage-ish. "'til the day that I die". anyway he's not good for her, and her mother disapproves. "but I adore him!"

I didn't think of that! That makes sense.

I've always heard "a mother," and to be super honest, when I first heard it I assumed she was shortening the word "motherf*cker." You know how people call other people that sometimes not exactly as an insult?...I'm not sure. Red Face

quote:
Originally posted by HFLAbob:

and also in bobbin' for apples, i always thought she was saying "you'll never forgive me for the love you owe me"

That's interesting! And it sounds cool too.