Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

Stix History

I think it would be cool if we put together a little history of the stix... I've only been here for a few months, and I'm always hearing about members who aren't active anymore, inside jokes I don't get, and stuff like that.

I'd really like to see to assemble a condensed story of the people and events that have made this forum what it is over the past few years. It would be fun to write, and a great resource for newer members like myself.

I think it would be cool if we put together a little history of the stix... I've only been here for a few months, and I'm always hearing about members who aren't active anymore, inside jokes I don't get, and stuff like that.

I'd really like to see to assemble a condensed story of the people and events that have made this forum what it is over the past few years. It would be fun to write, and a great resource for newer members like myself.

^^Yay!

I think the first step would be to list everything that we feel is important enough to be included. In the few months since I've been here, that would be (in my opinion):

- the leaked demo debate (Late May 2009)

- far release (June 23, 2009)

- opening of the lyrics thread (mid-august 2009)

- spam attack (September 5, 2009)

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

^^Yay!

I think the first step would be to list everything that we feel is important enough to be included. In the few months since I've been here, that would be (in my opinion):

- the leaked demo debate (Late May 2009)

- far release (June 23, 2009)

- opening of the lyrics thread (mid-august 2009)

- spam attack (early September 2009)

Yea those are great ones!!!! I am so pissed that I wasnt here for the release of Far.....really I am......I bet people were going insane here on the Stix right before its release......and you know how enthusiastic and excited I can get.

Where can I find the leaked demo debate???

I REALLY WANNA SEE IT!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

emm i don't think you should go looking at the past events in the stix some things are best left forgotten..honestly.

Hmm you're probably right... I guess if we were to do anything like this it would require some careful discussion of what should be included and left out. While I realize that things have been said and done here that are difficult to look back on, I'm of the mind that these events have shaped the stix into what it is now, and knowing about some of the less-enjoyable incidents could prevent them from happening again.

Brady, if you really want to see the demo stuff, its in the first few pages of the "Other" section. Sorry my conscience isn't really letting me give you the link.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:
Originally posted by Dominic:

emm i don't think you should go looking at the past events in the stix some things are best left forgotten..honestly.

Hmm you're probably right... I guess if we were to do anything like this it would require some careful discussion of what should be included and left out. While I realize that things have been said and done here that are difficult to look back on, I'm of the mind that these events have shaped the stix into what it is now, and knowing about some of the less-enjoyable incidents could prevent them from happening again.

Brady, if you really want to see the demo stuff, its in the first few pages of the "Other" section. Sorry my conscience isn't really letting me give you the link.

No problem....I understand.

cool idea

the book should definitely be a big part of this. for those that dont know, last year a good number of stixers from all over the world wrote regina letters and messages, sent them to andreseng, he got them bound inbto a book and they were presented to reg at the mccarren park pool show. a great moment in stix history Big Grin

I suppose it's all already in here, just gotta read the pages. Aside from the ones that are deleted/incomplete from the whole forum switching business... Makes me all nostaligic and kinda sad to think about this. Some really awesome things have gone down here and some really rotten things too. I miss so many lovely people though, and I haven't even been around THAT long.

PS- nice to see you Bry! ::waves::