Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsHowItWorks

Stix History

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

I suppose it's all already in here, just gotta read the pages.

Exactly... I guess its more exciting to discover the history for oneself by reading the pages, but having it all in one place makes for an excellent resource.

quote:
Originally posted by baby jesus:

You're missing the most most important thing in 'stix history in the whole entire world forever! The day I joined! Big Grin jk.

Lol......well that is important. Smiler

Hi! You know, It's good ThisIsHowItWorks opened this thread because I was kinda curious.

For example: who created the Stix? Who had the idea, who said "Hey, I've created a Regina fan forum, please come and join"?

And something else: I checked out, just for fun, some really old pages (2004 or so) and saw some posts signed "regina". (Just one example: http://reginaspektor.infopop.c...4107688/m/964108598). Does this mean that the actual Regina used to post stuff here?

And last: how did the mods get to be, well, mods? Please, don't misunderstand me, no problem with the mods whatsoever! Wink It's just I was wondering: are they the founders, were they "appointed"... well, as I said, just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

As far as I know Regina created the stix way back when, or got someone to on her behalf, and yes she did used to post here.

The mod is a relatively recent addition to the forum, and i'm pretty sure was not a member of the stix before he/she was asked to keep a watchful eye over the forum by someone from regina's label or management or something.Smiler Hope that helps

mod really is quite mysterious.. "they" were watching us for some time, then sent in someone to keep the boards clean... creepy.

i thought it was strange that there's only one Mod (mod refers to him/herself as "I"..)

anyway, i have nothing useful to add, except that i wish i had found the stix sooner, so that i could have met everyone who's left. Frowner i feel like the stix is different than it used to be, now that so many people post. i wish i'd been here when it seemed that everyone knew everyone else. *sigh* i'm such a noob.

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

anyway, i have nothing useful to add, except that i wish i had found the stix sooner, so that i could have met everyone who's left. Frowner i feel like the stix is different than it used to be, now that so many people post. i wish i'd been here when it seemed that everyone knew everyone else. *sigh* i'm such a noob.

I know the feeling... Its very frustrating.

Thanks everybody for your answers. It is interesting to learn that the Stix was created by Regina herself, or under her own initiative.

Maybe it's true that the larger a group grows, everyone becomes a bit more "anonymous" or you don't get to know everyone, but... hey, the Stix is growing, which means Regina is growing, more people are finding her (like I did) and getting to like her... let's see the positive side too. Just saying.

quote:
mod really is quite mysterious.. "they" were watching us for some time, then sent in someone to keep the boards clean... creepy.

i thought it was strange that there's only one Mod (mod refers to him/herself as "I"..)

I don't exactly know who Mod was hired by, if of course they were hired, but I believe the reason they were hired was because a couple people on here sent messages requesting a moderator (me included) because of multiple reasons (mine being musiclover).

quote:
i wish i had found the stix sooner, so that i could have met everyone who's left. Frowner i feel like the stix is different than it used to be, now that so many people post. i wish i'd been here when it seemed that everyone knew everyone else. *sigh* i'm such a noob.

It has changed. It was really nice back then, and I do really miss it, but I'm really glad that I've met all of you, you're all just as amazing!

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

It has changed. It was really nice back then, and I do really miss it, but I'm really glad that I've met all of you, you're all just as amazing!

Aww thanks! Haha I'm just assuming you're including me in that but whatever... I really wish I had been a part of the older more intimate Stix but I certainly love the way it is now.