Sign in to follow this  
From the Pampas

Translating Regina

Thank you! I hope so too. Actually, I wish I had a way to track how many Argentine fans we are at present. There are some in the Regina's Facebook page, but the fan list does not include country of origin.

By the way, I have noticed that Regina's Facebook fans are rapidly nearing the 100,000 mark (they are currently over 97,000). I think a virtual toast should take place when that happens Big Grin

I am currently working on a 7-minute CBS interview that I hope I can post in the future, though I will be quite busy during the next two weeks, so I may have to interrupt the subtitling.

See you around!

Hi From the Pampas!

I really understand and appreciate your traslations, I'm doing the same in italian (only words, without videos) for the website www.reginaspektor.it

I suggest you Overstream, an online service for subtitling Youtube (and also Google Video, MySpace Video, Dailymotion) videos without having to republish them. I like it because makes subtitling easier and faster.

A sample of Overstream in action is this subtitled version of Fidelity .

Hello, formika!

Hey, it's great that you have a whole website for Regina in Italian.

Thanks for the information about Overstream, I checked it out and it looks interesting; I'll try it!

I think Regina played this year in Villa Arconati, Milano, is that right? Was that the first time she played in Italy?

Grazie, ci vediamo!

Hello from the pampas! I'm argentine too, It's kind of weird to write in english to another spanish-speaker ahahaha...

hey, realmente, excelente trabajo subtitulando los videos, realmente ayuda a todas aquellas personas que entiendan poco el inglés... muchas gracias por la entrevista de yahoo! habia algunas cosas que no habia llegado a entender jejeje...

(mientras tanto, ruego a dios y a quien sea a ver si Regina algun dia pisa estas tierras Razzer )

Hola, E. J.! Qué bueno encontrar otro argentino, Brumstix es internacional!

Gracias por tus comentarios. Realmente, espero poder seguir subtitulando, más que nada, entrevistas, porque la personalidad de esta artista a mí me tiene hipnotizado.

Y también ruego que algún día pase por acá... con eso tiene que ver el tema del subtitulado: si el idioma deja de ser un obstáculo para que seamos cada vez más, a lo mejor un día alguien dice: "¿Por qué no hacemos un show en Argentina?". Pero... paciencia. Incidentalmente, estaba viendo que el amigo Formika, de Italia, más arriba, traduce para una página en italiano, dedicada exclusivamente a Regina... a lo mejor habría que hacer algo así acá, un www.reginaspektor.com.ar, por ejemplo. Es laburo, eso sí...

Espero seguir colgando más videos.

Saludos!

quote:
Originally posted by StalkerChic:

Actually, Le is not spanish, it's french. But I think I read somewhere that people in Spain use little pieces of french and french sounding words in some dialects.

Yeah they actually speak Catalan in Barcelona, not Spanish (although most people speak both languages). So I'm wondering if Regina knew that and that line is actually in Catalan, not Spanish. It's that, or she just fucked up the Spanish.

By the way, Catalan is kind of a weird mix of Spanish and French.

First post, yay!

I have uploaded a new subtitled video:

CBS Morning Edition (2007)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tNqnKFaPB8

I was looking forward to posting this one, because, for a beginner Reginafan, it provides a good account of Regina's life (plus some rare footage of a teenage Regina playing the piano at the synagogue when she was like 16...).

Hey, Ravioli, just in case you didn't get my reply on You Tube, I read your comment and corrected the figure in the translation. I have re-uploaded the video.

Anyone who notices anything that is not right with the translations, please let me know (I do check before I post them, but... )

Till later!

G.