Sign in to follow this  
From the Pampas

Translating Regina

quote:
Originally posted by From the Pampas:

Hey, Ravioli, just in case you didn't get my reply on You Tube, I read your comment and corrected the figure in the translation. I have re-uploaded the video.

Yeah I received your messages, thanks. Great job, by the way!

Thanks, Rav! (Can I call you Rav?)

So, two new updates. The new, corrected, CBS video can be found at:

Plus, I have uploaded one more: Interview at Barnes & Noble, August 18th 2009. The economic crisis, learning a new language and drawing thermometers. Available in Spanish:

Note: it is interesting that Regina says that languages are "arbitrary" ("it's just sounds"). Maybe some of you already know, but the same statement was made by the Swiss linguist Ferdinand de Saussure in 1913 and it is still held valid by linguists today. This guy started a new era in linguistics. Sorry, I don't mean to bore you, but I found it very striking.

Have a good weekend!

quote:
Originally posted by From the Pampas:

So, two new updates.

omg te amooo jajaja, muchiiisimas gracias por las entrevistas Wink ... y respondiendote a una pregunta que me habias hecho antes... soy un "he" jajaja, muchas gracias otra vez, nos vemos!

(for the others out there: Haha, sorry, I feel lazy and I don't wanna write in english xD)

OK, E.J. entonces sos "argentino" (¡y cordobés!).

Gracias por las partituras, no las pude ver porque no soy miembro de Regispek, pero me imagino que debe ser un trabajo enorme. Imagino que sos músico, o estás estudiando en algún conservatorio o algo así, ¿puede ser?

(Translation: thank you for the sheet music; I am not a member of Regispek but I imagine it must be a tremendous amount of work; I suppose you are a musician or are studying at some conservatory, maybe?)

Stixers of the world, please come to my help.

I am trying to subtitle the second part of the interview at Barnes & Noble, URL:

My problem is this: Can anyone understand what Regina says between 4.07 and 4.09, right after the interviewer asks her "Did someone else have to tell you that you could be a singer?"

(Actually, I think a few of you were physically there, right? Do you remember what she said?)

Thank you in advance!