Sign in to follow this  
Brady

New North-American shows announced!

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

^^ LOL two, I am riding down to Dallas from Tulsa OK. Then I have to haul ass back to Tulsa, and then up to Missouri to meet up with Regina and you lol....... all in a two days time frame.

we'll have to exchange phone numbers or somethin' before then so we can find each other!

Regina’s concert at the Orpheum in Vancouver was absolutely delightful! My friends and I had great seats and a perfect view of Regina’s lovely face. The set list was great (really, she could play anything and it would be fantastic), and she played 5 songs for the encore. Regina seemed...I can’t quite pinpoint it...not really nervous, but uncomfortable maybe... with some exhaustion mixed in (which I’m sure she is). I don’t know. She just seemed quiet. Not when she was singing, but in regards to her relationship with the audience. I felt bad for her, but I didn’t know why. Regardless, she sung and played beautifully. I would have loved to stick around and try to meet her, but when you go with 5 other people that have school and work the next day, and not as much of a desire to wait around, you kinda get the feeling that you should take a rain check. So I did.

There was a girl at the concert in the front row (or close to the front) that brought flowers and what looked like a note or something. Part way though the concert, she put the flowers and other unidentifiable item on the stage and left. I don’t think she came back...perhaps she did and I missed it. I just remember feeling so bad that she couldn’t stay to try to meet Regina, or at least see the concert finish. And, I had my fingers crossed hoping that Regina would get the flowers because by the end she hadn’t picked them up yet. I hope she got them...Anyway, I had to say all that just to ask, Girl with Flowers are you on the Stix?

Yeah, sorry, there’s one last thing. SNUFFY, did you make it to the concert? I was looking around for someone that looked like an Alex/Snuffy, and I saw your picture once on myspace, but I couldn’t really remember what you looked like. I just had to ask. Big Grin

No Frowner I couldn't go, well I could have if only people that I knew who knew who Reg is didn't have jobs Roll Eyes(My parental units told me I had to have atleast 3 friends to go with me, or else I couldn't go)I would totally go alone if I could.

lucky there's videos on youtube of the show.

sounds like it was a pretty awesome show, did she talk a lot?like her little stories or jokes she makes.

Hey Christy-Ann,

thx for your short review :-)

Is it true that she did The Virgin Queen?

According to this article http://www.discovervancouver.c...-with-regina-spektor she played it (but Solo on Guitar??). Sounds like the writer of the article doesn't know all of Regina's Songs... I think there's only one early recording of that great song, so I would be more than happy if she played it again :-)

I'm sorry you couldn't make it Snuffy. I wish you could have been there. I wouldn’t want to go alone in that section of Vancouver... although, I hate going anywhere alone. One day we'll have to meet, so that next time there's a Regina concert in Vancouver, and your friends are unable to go, you can come with me. Smiler It was a great show. Sadly though, she didn't have much to say to the audience, which surprised me a little. That's part of what I was talking about in my previous post about her being quiet. She really did seem uncomfortable (at least I thought so). Still, she was darling. She told us that we sounded like birds because the audience was whistling so much, and she said "thank-you" after every single song in response to our applause.

I found it really difficult to find videos of the show on Youtube. Maybe I'll just have to look harder. My friend took a few videos, while I sat beside her sweating bullets in fear that the security people would catch her and throw us all out. We weren't supposed to take pictures or videos. Really any visual or audible documentation of the evening seemed off limits... I doubt she put them on Youtube, but if she does, I’ll let you know.

And, no, she didn’t sing Virgin Queen (But she did sing Bobbing for Apples and Silly Eye Colour Generalizations – which absolutely delighted me! Why someone would confuse the two, I don’t know). And it really is too bad that there aren’t any good recordings of Virgin Queen...

quote:
Originally posted by Butterfly Peddler:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

^^ LOL two, I am riding down to Dallas from Tulsa OK. Then I have to haul ass back to Tulsa, and then up to Missouri to meet up with Regina and you lol....... all in a two days time frame.

we'll have to exchange phone numbers or somethin' before then so we can find each other!

Yes of course! Do you have a myspace or youtube account?

Hi All!

First time poster, long time lurker.

We went to the Seattle show this past week and saw her for the first time ever. Agree with Christy-Ann, Regina was quiet between songs. The only notable exception was when someone yelled out that they wanted to have her baby. Regina explained to the audience that she get's that alot.

One interesting stage appearance were 2

(Washington State?) apples set on the stage.

4083645857_b83a7158a2.jpg

I also liked her Dress of 1000 Faces.

4083641967_aa28892b83.jpg

I was able to capture videos of most of her songs. I'll post them to youtube if I can figure out how. Never done it before. We had a pretty good view, second row, right center. Was happy she played Riot Gear and Two birds, Love, You're a Whore, and the rest or her normal set. The review of the concert on reginaspektor.org was absolutely right, the audience was very respectful. During Folding Chair it was absolutely quiet.

4084393724_12f4268f02.jpg

We stayed till midnight waiting for her at her bus, but were told again and again that she had left and felt ill. Might explain her quietness? It finally sank in that she wasn't coming out so we left with the other 9 or so die hard fans crazy enough to stay that long. At least it wasn't raining.

4083633819_58e08f30c7.jpg

That's all I got for now. Thanks for reading...

Cheers.

Cute little apples. =) Thanks for the pics, those are pretty great. I was dying for her to play Riot Gear last night in Denver, but she didn't. Frowner

I think at this point, it's safe to say she's not 100% well. Sure I felt a little incomplete not meeting her after the show last night, but I don't care. I'm not that selfish. More than anything, I want her to be healthy and happy so that she can continue, and not kill herself like last tour. <3 <3 <3 Regina.

Great pictures, SeattleFan.

I hope Regina isn't neglecting a flu or something; though the vertigo last tour was, I think, a strong enough warning. I bet she takes better care of herself now.