Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Regina on SNL!! - Oct 10 2009

Hey, the sales boost from this is already impressive!! Far is up to #24 on iTunes overall albums, Eet is the #33 alternative song, Fidelity #41, and The Calculation #149. Expect all these ranks to just get better.

I couldn't watch the performance on TV, but I'm about to check it out online.

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Goddamn NBC for not allowing anyone outside the US to view their videos! Mad

I knowww! Grrrr Mad Looking on the bright side, we have the amazing respektonline Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

gorgeous2.png

My favorite picture! Big Grin

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by EnglishGuyinNYC:

Sadly? That is a bloody blessing in disguise!

Agreed! Wink

It was, clearly, not Regina's best night. She was really wired up for "Eet" which, as others have noted, is a difficult song to sing in the best of circumstances. Usually, in concerts, she reaches that song having warmed up with others. As someone who wants to see the music of Regina spread throughout the land, I was a bit disappointed.

The Calculation was significantly better, but still not quite the Regina we all know and love. She was beautiful, of course, and the videos are wonderful (even if the "mixing" of the music, if that's what it was, was not what it might have been). Her now famous wave as the show ended was just great.

I question the antipathy toward Laughing With, unless you are just sick of seeing it on network tv. I love the song, and think it is quite accessible to people who are hearing Regina for the first time. Maybe "One More Time With Feeling" would have worked, too.

I wish her the best and to make as much money as she can, but I really don't care about how many people rush to buy her music or where it "rates" in popularity and I suspect she does not either.

She is extremely special, and her music breathtakingly wonderful. I saw her at Mahwah and will be at Radio City this week.

quote:

I question the antipathy toward Laughing With, unless you are just sick of seeing it on network tv.

I think it's just not a good choice for SNL because of SNL's fun and goofy vibe and EET is kinda sad like Laughing With so we wanted to see a happier song being played with EET.

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

i think folding chair would have been cool. Smiler

Yes. I agree. Warner Brothers obviously wants to push EET as a "single" and, don't get me wrong, I love the song but I am pre-Regina'ed if you know what I mean.