Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Regina on SNL!! - Oct 10 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Greenyz:

I would have loved if she performed On the Radio.

It's a great song, but that is not what the SNL gig was all about. It is about Far.

When Reg has her own tv show, she can sing On the Radio

>

not sure. Maybe someone put it on You Tube and maybe it is on Hulu or whatever that thing is called. It */is/* in the "ginormous" download as the file called "closing" and you also get the three beautiful pictures of Reg that SNL used as billboards.

But you know that little wave of hers from Conan, Letterman and even the Conan show with Ben Folds and Reg.

The woman can do wrong as far as I am concerned. I wanted the SNL thing to convince those with whom I associate and think I have lost my senses that she is worth all the attention. (I am from a different generation than most of those who post here.) I gather it did not do the trick given the somewhat rocky version of Eet.

But we know better, of course. SNL is notorious for crappy mixes and it is often not the best venue for music these days. (Watch Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel and Randy Newman from the second ever SNL and you will see how far they have sunk in that department.)

I managed to get a standby ticket and get into the dress rehearsal, and the two songs were *much* better than what was on the TV later. I guess it must have messed with her nerves to know that she was live on TV after all!

I'm a bit miffed that I didn't stick around to try and meet her now, but plenty of time for that after the Radio City gig on wednesday!

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

OK so I've finally found a way to view SNL... Is this show for real?!

HAHAHAHA

I'm really not sure if I should be feeling shame, or communal hilarity.

Looks to me like it's suffering after the loss of Amy Poehler and Tina Fey... Just saying.