Sign in to follow this  
Kb93

Meeting Regina

Yep I am going to the dallas show too!!!!! Got front section seats but we won't need them if my dad who is a pro photographer that has taken photos of other concerts gets those backstage press passes!!!!!

^^ I hope you will! Smiler

I am seeing her twice in three days and her missouri show is right after her dallas show and I am seeing both of them......so the chances of me meeting reg I would say are good.

FINGERS CROSSED! I should see her tuesday with my little sister Big Grin

... So what in the world should I say to her. I can't even imagine me getting any words out. What could I possibly say to her to translate how much her music means to me?

Both times I've met her I've been completely unable to speak. I manage to squeak out, "Would you mind taking a picture?" And "Thank you so so much." I think that's all I said both times. SHE'S SO SMALL!

Actually, the second time, my father talked to her quite a bit. He's newly obsessed with her, and he's a lot better at getting words out than I am, so he told her that I was a from brumstix and everything, and then they chatted about Radio City when I was still trembling because I couldn't believe she was real. I think meeting her made my father that much more infatuated with her. Big Grin

After many years of trying to meet musicians and artists that I'm a fan of, and generally making a fool of myself for lots of them, here's my advice: the best thing to say is something quick, that she can give a quick answer to without feeling awkward.

Something like "Thanks for the great show!" never fails, and she can say "Thanks!" without having to think too hard. She'll see in your face (and the fact you've waited for her for an hour) that you're a big fan, etc.

(I hope this comes across in the right way - I'm just sharing the fruits of many painful episodes Smiler )

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

so i take it you are feeling better Alicia?

Yes! lots better, thank you. but I won't be able to sleep much tonight do to my procrastination on the schoolwork so I hope it doesn't reverse. Have you ever heard of that stuff you but in your drink called airborne? You take it when you first feel sick, in some water and it really seems to work

EDIT: and thanks guys, I think I might just tremble and be speechless but I might muster up some words and maybe she will say somethin about my shirt? ahhh. <3

What about gifts? I was at the state fair and spied some oragami earings and they seemed so perfect for her. I bought them but didn't know if I should or shouldn't... For me it's just I feel like I can't give her a gift as meaningful as the gift of music she gives us everyday with music. So it feels pointless