funkypunkymonkey

If anyone needs sheet music...

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Sooooo I just got finale. So I transcribed Ink Stains. It may be a tad questionable, (I just got the program today and I'm still figuring out things) but it's at the very least readable!

http://www.zshare.net/download/8326118684f29409/

Thank you thank you thank you!

OMG! A full version of PoF! Fantastic!!!! Can't wait to get home from this horrid little piano-less dorm room tomorrow and just sit down and waste my life away learning more Regina~~~

Btw, anybody got any good suggestions for direct-to-PDF sheet music transcription programs? The only programs for music transcription that I've played around with are a free demo of Finale and then Notation Composer. BUT! I don't just want to save a .MUS or .MID! I want a PDF of all the sheet music so that I can share all these lovely Regina songs that I've been figuring out the last few years and get them out of my head and onto paper before I forget some of them entirely. Wink

Goal of winter break: I'm gonna get hammered one night. And then I'm gonna transcribe (accurately!!!) Pavlov's Daughter. Liquid confidence makes ANY demonic series of ridiculous-to-figure-out tone clusters seem that much more sensible... Smiler

I think I actually found a pretty good app for doing what I needed... it's some sort of virtual printer driver, so when I tell my notation program to print the sheet music, it instead "prints" it into a PDF file on my computer.

Now I just gotta figure out how much time I can put into making this look nice... Knowing my attention span, if I tried to transcribe out every single bar and every single detail of the song with dynamics, expressions, etc. I'd probably just forget about it halfway through and give up. Or maybe not. Idk. My own laziness is never easily measured! Hah.

BUT! I could also just do one of those simple transcriptions, where, due to the repetition of the piece, I could just transcribe down some of those godly tone-clusters that nobody can seem to figure out (though really it's just the first three notes of the Db and C scales for each cluster, respectively...) and then the middle, and ignore the lyrics, the scat, the vocal line (which I highly doubt I'd ever have the patience to transcribe...), dynamics, etc. Kinda like those sheets for CoS and NMQP that are on the Regspek yahoo group. Idk.

Either way... if I don't post a PDF within 5 days, feel free to openly flame and attack me for being the lazy, slow, worthless little transcriber that I am. Smiler I don't want to be one of those people who promises something and then never delivers...

If anyone has any advice, shortcuts, etc. to speed-up this process, please feel free to interject. Smiler

^ You can do that with Finale too. You just do the exact same thing "print" then "save as PDF" when the little printy box thing (the very technical term, obviously) comes up.

Here's Small Town Moon!

I've been sitting on it for ages mostly because it's a live recording and is therefore a little murky, but that's basically it. :P

I'm almost done with Eighth Floor, Dog and Pony and Loveology but I wasn't sure if I should finish because I don't know if they're already on regispek?

I'm pretty sure Dog and Pony and Loveology are both on the yahoo group, but I know for a fact that nobody's tried anything with 8th floor yet. BUT OMG YOU HAVE?!? That's fantastic. One of my favorite songs, been trying to figure out how to play it for a while now, but I just can't seem to figure it out for whatever reason.

And THANK YOU!!! Finally, a version of STM that isn't missing a section! Can't wait to learn it... gonna do it now. Wink

Oh... and as for Finale... I don't really use it because I only have the demo version, and I've never really been able to adjust myself to the interface after becoming so used to using other freeware programs. But maybe it actually is easier... either way, we'll see soon enough. Wink