funkypunkymonkey

If anyone needs sheet music...

So yeahhhhh I'm gonna totally blame YOU for posting all this dope sheet music and distracting me from sitting down and writing out Pavlov...

I was so pumped to do it. SO pumped. But then... I HAD to learn Small Town Moon. And now I HAVE to learn 8th Floor.

God it's painful having the attention span of a flea.

But thank you for your invaluable contribution. <3 You really just made my night! I've been absolutely obsessed with 8th Floor for some reason... that line, "I came in from the rain which wasn't really rain, it was just January snow in denial," ever since I heard it, that one line has resonated constantly in my head. And the ending verse ("A birrrrrrrrrrd sits on a braaaa-anchhhhh of my 8th floor windooooooow") is just an OMG and a half.

... I'm beginning to worry about my obsession.

>_>

<_<

>_>

No problem! I really love transcribing. I don't know if that's weird, but it's really fun for me.

And I know exactly how you feel.

I love 8th Floor with this passion I can't quite describe. It's so full of little bits of Regina wisdom/logic. (Like the line you mentioned, and also, "And you can't really say, that it's an eighth floor branch, 'cause trees don't have floors and buildings do," etc, those kind of lyrics just make me so happy) and I loooove the ending and I just love all of it so much. So don't worry. I feel exactly the same way about it.

Don't worry about your obsession. Enjoy it! Smiler

Is there anything else you'd like transcribed? I'm kind of on a roll, haha.

Almostspotless: You're dope. Just sayin'. Hahaaaa. It seems like just about everything you say, I totally agree with. It's awesome. Reginaphiles unite!!! Plus, a Reginaphile with pianistic skills jumps up my list of favorite people very quickly. Smiler

I'd also second the suggestions for Dulce et Decorum... The little intro available on the yahoo page is nice, but not entirely accurate. I've been trying to figure it out too, but I keep getting distracted by other songs that I can just play without having to do work... lol. Laziness kills, kids. Do as I say, not as I do.

And as for the Finale program... I'm probably never gonna purchase it. I'm too cheap to want to spend money on a music program when I have a giant empty concerto notebook next to my bed... Smiler

I'll get on Dulce et Decorum! Smiler

I'm faaaarr too lazy to transcribe by hand, so my hat is off to you sir (or ma'am.) Occasionally if I'm really bored in class I'll transcribe something I know really well in my little (also mostly empty) notebook, but it's so much easier in Finale. :P

Thank you for working on the song that youve done. If you have any free time my wishlist for sheet music is Bon Idee, Patron Saint, Happy Hooker( it's so fun), School is Out, and Firewood.