funkypunkymonkey

If anyone needs sheet music...

Sorry, didn't see your request.

Here's Riot Gear!

It's kind of a thrown together transcription so I apologize if it's not entirely accurate, but for the most part it's right. (I believe there's also one on regispek? I could be wrong.)

I could transcribe Soho, if you'd like as well.

edit: I'm sorry, Kb93, I know you were planning on figuring Soho out but I started it and I just had to finish... so here it is:

edit number two - slightly cleaned up version: http://www.sendspace.com/file/z7gepq

Thank you! Big Grin

no need to apologize, I was gonna do it because i wanted to be able to sing along with the piano. You just saved me a lot of time.

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I posted an updated version above, just so you know! A little bit neater looking. Smiler

Thanks =] the old one was great but a little funny in places so I think the new one will be wonderful!

Btw here is my first complete Transcription. Its the vocal line to Riot Gear. Link

and here is Silly Eye Color Generalizations for my friend Jeremy Click

quote:
Originally posted by Kb93:

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I posted an updated version above, just so you know! A little bit neater looking. Smiler

Thanks =] the old one was great but a little funny in places so I think the new one will be wonderful!

What are you referring to?

I cleaned up a couple very little things, but if you think there's something else that looks odd, by all means let me know, and I'll fix it!

Also about the Riot Gear vocal sheets, it looks like you were playing straight from a MIDI keyboard to Garageband. It's tough to make an accurate transcription that way because often garageband picks up funny rhythms and notes you don't mean to play, so even though it may sound correct when you play it back, it's very difficult to read or play. But if you don't want to get something like Finale, you can always just write the notes on Garageband rather than playing them. It does't work so well for piano transcriptions, (because garageband thinks everything you play below middle C should be written on the bass clef even if you want it played in your right hand) but for vocal notes it works okay. Smiler

Well I was referring to Riot Gear. RiotGear-1.jpg

Like how the pattern is in 4 and in 2 of each set of repeating notes but they are broken up into an uneven number for each measure. Like how there are four of that first pattern but 1 is put into the fist measure and 2 in the second but the 3rd has 1 and 1 of the next set. I think it would be easier to read if in the first measure there were two and in the second measure so it finishes up that pattern in an even way. Also how did the sheets to SECG look?

Oh, I was referring to Soho.

I can't fix that, I'm sorry. If I could change how Regina played the piece, then I could, but unfortunately it's just going to be uneven like that unless I want to insert a tempo change (I could do a measure of 2/4 for example) or a half note rest that doesn't belong. It just doesn't really work like that. I can't just move them over because it would look better. :P

What you're referring to actually doesn't effect the playing of the piece, or one's ability to read the music, it's just a little organizational thing.

If it's really bothering you, I can stick in a tempo change every time that part of the song comes up, but I'd rather just leave it how it is.

I'll take a look at SECG hang on.

oh I noticed the changes in soho and it makes reading it easier. And Its fine, I already learned the song so its fine with me, I just thought it looked a little funny.

Well if anyone wants to figure this out be my guest. Its Bon Idee. its the sheets but it needs clened up quite a bit. The piano is in there but also some note fragments from the voice or external noise. Download

Here also is a rough version of AB's intro Download

At the request of Kb93, I transcribed Mustard Musketeers. It is now one of my favorite Regina songs ever, and for whatever reason it made me cry as I was listening. So beautiful, wistful and sad. It is seriously underrated, I think.

Also, having finally figured out the concept of uploading things to regispek (don't make fun, technology and I do not mix) I am in the process of putting the following songs up there:

Eighth Floor

Ink Stains

Mustard Musketeers

Dulce et Decorum

Pound of Flesh

Small Town Moon