funkypunkymonkey

If anyone needs sheet music...

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

I'm pretty sure it's in 6/8, but I was thinking of the timing of the notes in the first couple measures.

I'd still say 3/4 :P I might be wrong. Can check the timing of those.

I started transcribing Daniel Cowman. I hope you don't mind. It sounds good Smiler but now I'm at "A man destined to fry..." and when she adds more notes I get all confused. So if you want any help when you get to it, I would be glad to. The heroin boy part is not that hard really Smiler But I won't get it on paper accurately, with the timing and the right hand during heroin boy. I just know how to play it.

Hmm, I must be wrong then. Oh well. Haha.

And that's fine that you've started Daniel Cowman, that's great actually! I was kind of planning on lazily transcribing just the part that the person hadn't because it is really quite a good, readable transcription regardless of time signature. I'll take a look at the "man destined to fry" part.

OKAY so I spent a while sifting through all of the various files on regispek to figure out which songs have been transcribed coherently/which ones are unfinished/etc. etc. to come up with this more definitive list of what is left to transcribe: (This excludes guitar songs, a capella songs, and covers)

A Cooler Version of Yourself (unfinished)

Another Town (unfinished)

Bon Idée (unfinished)

December (unfinished)

Firewood (unfinished)

School is Out (unfinished)

Wallet (unfinished)

Daniel Cowman (unfinished)

AB

Düsseldorf

Happy Hooker

Secret Stash

Laughing With

Human of the Year is completely transcribed but the little bit of it I saw looks like it might be wrong, so maybe I'll take a stab at that at some point... but yes! Rah! List!

I dont think anyone ever made the sheets to this song so I did My Man- the bull moose version. I added lyrics in the appropriate places, the timing is a bit wonky though Roll Eyes

Link

Would you guys find it helpful if I were to post videos on youtube that plays the recording along to the sheet music I've transcribed? Or is that stupid and redundant?

Also, lovely and secretive mod, would you mind moving this topic somewhere besides the far section? It doesn't really pertain to far.

quote:
Originally posted by almostspotless:

Would you guys find it helpful if I were to post videos on youtube that plays the recording along to the sheet music I've transcribed? Or is that stupid and redundant?

Also, lovely and secretive mod, would you mind moving this topic somewhere besides the far section? It doesn't really pertain to far.

That would actually be helpful to me if you would be up to it.

Also, i've always kinda of imagined that Mod is really Regina's secret identity, and that she keeps her forums safe from evil doers always watching over us in the shadows... Big Grin

I <3 you Mod! Smiler

^^i just want to say that it's great to see Henry around again! i feel like you were gone for a while, although perhaps that was my imagination Smiler

Also, i think it would be great for a non-sheet-reader like myself to practice learning songs both with audio and with sheet! that sounds like a cool project, although maybe a bit time-consuming; it would be helpful in that there are variations in many songs from one performance to the next, so to know which one is being used would be nice in determining details.

@Brianna

Yeah, I've been gone a while, it's my junior year of High School and I've been Ultra-Mega busy. Frowner

@Jimetics The song book was published, I know this because I bought a copy off Amazon a year ago, but the sheets were super low quality, arrangement wise. If you want GOOD far sheet music I think there is some in this thread or join the Spektography group on Yahoo. Smiler

I have a question...

I searched the regispek group and can't find sheet music to The Bronx. I'd LOVE to learn how to play it. (for one, it sounds simple. I'm not a trained piano player but that one sounds do-able! and two, it's one of my favorites.)

Am I overlooking something?

Thank you so much!!