Sign in to follow this  
Christy-Ann

Any Input, Advice?

Hello All!

I’m going to be going to my first Regina concert in Vancouver in November. I really wanted to bring her something, you know, a sort of thank you for singing for us. Flowers are traditional, but someone traveling and living out of their suitcase can’t possibly have anywhere to keep flowers. Instead I was thinking I could bring her some chocolates. I make the chocolates myself (so they’re really from the heart) and I would slip a little note under the ribbon on the box (kind of like my own separate page of the book that you gave her at McCarren, since I missed out on that). I suppose something like this would probably have seemed more meaningful to her before she became quite this popular, but I feel like I should at least do something. Honestly, do you guys think this is a completely silly idea, or do you think she’ll be touched by the gesture?

Also, does anyone know if she even plans to come out and meet any of the audience after the show? (sometimes promotional signing CDs ect. Or maybe just out of the kindness of her heart?)

Thank you!

Hello All!

I’m going to be going to my first Regina concert in Vancouver in November. I really wanted to bring her something, you know, a sort of thank you for singing for us. Flowers are traditional, but someone traveling and living out of their suitcase can’t possibly have anywhere to keep flowers. Instead I was thinking I could bring her some chocolates. I make the chocolates myself (so they’re really from the heart) and I would slip a little note under the ribbon on the box (kind of like my own separate page of the book that you gave her at McCarren, since I missed out on that). I suppose something like this would probably have seemed more meaningful to her before she became quite this popular, but I feel like I should at least do something. Honestly, do you guys think this is a completely silly idea, or do you think she’ll be touched by the gesture?

Also, does anyone know if she even plans to come out and meet any of the audience after the show? (sometimes promotional signing CDs ect. Or maybe just out of the kindness of her heart?)

Thank you!

Something edible, in this day and age, is unrealistic. She wouldn't be able to eat them. I'm sure you would mean her no harm. But someone could. Maybe I'm wrong. But it doesn't seem plausable. I'd go with something non-edible for sure.

As far as meeting her. The chances are good. But there are no guarantees in life. It just depends on the circumstances...

And she is touched by all gestures towards her. That I can guarantee!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Something edible, in this day and age, is unrealistic. She wouldn't be able to eat them. I'm sure you would mean her no harm. But someone could. Maybe I'm wrong. But it doesn't seem plausable. I'd go with something non-edible for sure.

Weird, first thing I thought of was that I wouldn't eat it. We sure do live in strange time. I remember the poor fellow, not so long ago, who offered Reg's management to show Regina some sites near a festival she was performing at... Was it Sweden or something? Anyways, anything that can be even remotely considered dangerous or fanatical is a bad idea. That includes candy, unfortunatelly Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Something edible, in this day and age, is unrealistic.

George, I had a feeling that would be the case. I had just hoped that it wouldn't be, since I don't really have much to offer. But Alex and Mikaela, you guys are totally on to something! Scarves are awesome, and so is wool. It's brilliant. I'm actually a bit of a scarf fanatic myself. I'm not the best knitter in the world. I like to claim that all the little mistakes just add character...

Have fun knitting your scarf Mikaela! I think it's a brilliant idea. I know I would appreciate that gift and I bet Regina will too. I don't know what I'd knit, since I'm not a great knitter. If I can't think of anything that I would actually be capable of knitting, I can always think of something else, or just stick with the written word.

Oh, and thank you all for you input. I'm very grateful for it. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Christy-Ann:

George, I had a feeling that would be the case. I had just hoped that it wouldn't be, since I don't really have much to offer.

In that case you could always ask her if it would be okay to give her a hug.....they count!