Sign in to follow this  
MusicLover_2007

Health care reform...

Of coarse there are gonna be some crazies in the bunch (that the media hones in on) or people who don't think for themselves, but I don't really think its fair to generalize that this reflects the whole tea party.

I remember seeing a clip of a lady crying when Obama was elected saying, "Now I don't have to pay my mortgage !". There is going to be the misguided folks on both sides of politics.

Some people don't know any better, and feel what they are doing is going to save the country (misguided or not) I wouldn't necessarily call them stupid.

Im not agreeing or disagreeing with you, Im just saying there is a lot more to the whole thing. I'm not denying that its funny, but in my mind the whole thing is much more complex than just stupidity.

Sorry for my over analysis lol. Ive just been thinking a lot about how the media affects Americans.

My problem with the GOP now is that it used to be a respectable party. I love/loved Ronald Reagan even though I dis-agree with his political philosophy greatly. But I respect him as the man he was and thought that he represented America well. Now we have all of these idiots like Bush and Palin who are just embarrassing and extremely easy to make fun of. Another example is governor Bobby Jindal and that video he made about a year ago. XD I just really wish the GOP would go back to the respectable party it used it be and quit electing these idiots. I don't mind dis-agreeing with a politician on political grounds. But when they act and talk like an idiot and embarrass the U.S. thats when I have a problem.

I'll defiantly have to agree with you on that front. There has been some major poise missing, and its very disappointing.

I think the GOP in general (or at least the public image) has been heading on a downward slope. They've been on the defensive for too long. Its really infuriating to me when people start hurling names at the president calling him a communist, Hitler, or whatever. Its childish and its not helping to get any point across. This Rush Limbaugh attitude reflects poorly on Republicans, and is really turning people away from the party. I mean it keeps everybody in the party happy, but it pretty much makes them look like crazy people to outsiders.

Thats the impression I get anyway. Im no authority on the subject. The more I reflect, the less I am sure of things and the more confused I get.

^^ Exactly! Especially where I live(Oklahoma) the inbred redneck bible thumping Republican is absolutely hilarious. Calling Obama the Anti-Christ....and just shouting names at him without providing any basis/argument. The party just seems like it is full of retards now. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

^^ redneck bible thumping Republican. The party just seems like it is full of retards now.

Hey now Brady, you're talking about me and as far as I know at least one other valued member of this site. Generalizing much?

I stay away from these threads because I'm so outnumbered and it gets stressful but I accidently clicked on it.... I'll try not to again.

Alicia, I am not talking about you. As far as I know you are not a redneck who thinks policy should be based off of scripture and shouts insults at Obama. I never said ALL Republicans are stupid, just a-lot. I also recognize stupidity among Liberals as well.

I do come across few true Conservatives like my fourth hour teacher who is my all time favorite teacher. He hates Obama and is strongly opposed to the Health Care Bill, but actually lays out arguments and reasons. HE ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS THE SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE and does not let his Christian views interfere with his views on laws and policy. The basic knowledge that Religious views should not be tied into policy and government appears to be lacking among almost all Republicans. That is especially bad in the GOP.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."-John Adams