Sign in to follow this  
josefgabriel

Regina in HD

Hello. So I have been looking for a solution to be able to stream HD content from my PC to my projector. I have a Bluray player and HD channels but other than this I don't really have any way to watch anything else other than dragging out a really long VGA cable and stringing it from my projector to my PC. After some reading I found out that you can do this with a PS3 and a third party media server. Right now I have one HD Regina video which is Laughing with from the tonight show from ReSpekt Online. I seem to remember some videos being up in several parts of a concert she did in Germany or something but those seem to be gone. Anybody have links for HD recordings of Regina I can add to my collection? And I must admit I bought the PS3 pretty much so I could watch Regina in HD on my movie screen. ReginaSpektor.org has several videos but they all appear to be in flash format and not down loadable. Thanks in advance.

Hello. So I have been looking for a solution to be able to stream HD content from my PC to my projector. I have a Bluray player and HD channels but other than this I don't really have any way to watch anything else other than dragging out a really long VGA cable and stringing it from my projector to my PC. After some reading I found out that you can do this with a PS3 and a third party media server. Right now I have one HD Regina video which is Laughing with from the tonight show from ReSpekt Online. I seem to remember some videos being up in several parts of a concert she did in Germany or something but those seem to be gone. Anybody have links for HD recordings of Regina I can add to my collection? And I must admit I bought the PS3 pretty much so I could watch Regina in HD on my movie screen. ReginaSpektor.org has several videos but they all appear to be in flash format and not down loadable. Thanks in advance.

There are only two full HD videos of Regina in circulation (as far as I know) - Laughing with on Conan and Letterman.

Beware as the Letterman performance is 541MB (totaly worth it!). I split it into 5 parts.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Alternatively. if you have Dimeadozen account you can download it from here: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torr...etails.php?id=255383

Then there's:

Blue Lips on Later with Jools Holland (720p)

Laughing With on Good Morning America (youtube "HD") - deleted from youtube

Blue Lips, Fidelity, Us at T in the Park (youtube "HD") - by JubeXYZz

On the Radio on Jonathan Ross(youtube "HD") - by JukeXYZz

Eet, Folding Chair, One more time, Rich Boy from Koln, Germany (audience, youtube "HD") - deleted from youtube (does anybody know who the taper was??)

The youtube "HD" is kinda low quality because of the automated compression but still in most cases it looks better than the standard resolution. I wish the people who uploaded the material on youtube would put it somewhere where the content is downloadable in the original format...uh, well, I can't have everything Wink

Thank you SO much Appt! The Letterman performance is amazing! It is actually in 1080P (without getting into too much mechanics although my projector can handle 1080P) its native resolution is 720P, which is a lot higher in practice than 1080i and almost as much as 1080P). The end result was that I was having a little trouble streaming that from my PC because of the huge amount of data coming through wireless. The immediate fix was to simply copy it to my PS3 HD. I could also re-encode the video at 720P and stream it that way or run some Cat5 cable over. Did you encode that video yourself? If so what did you use may I ask? The PS3 (and the media server I am using-TVersity) had no issues with the file type even though I am not familiar with it. I haven't seen some of the youtube "HD" ones but will get to them this morning. I have stream ripper for that but haven't figured out the best way to convert these with minimal loss. I assume there is no way to recover any DTS or multitracking like the Letterman peformance has?

I would very much like to have my very favorite Regina performance video in HD if you have any suggestions on transcoders.

The quality is already terrific, just need to figure it out with minimal loss (and to magically put back the last two minutes that were lost when the guy ran out of film).

np! The Letterman one is great indeed. I didn't capture or encode it. It's downloaded from Dimeadozen. The lineage is: ATSC broadcast > AverMedia Volar > TSReader (record) > TS Packet Editor (scene selection) > transport stream.

Transport stream (ts) is the original untouched broadcast stream so it's compatible with most standalone devices.

btw HD is a vague term. I prefer to use it for the 1080p. Does PS3 have built-in "gadgets" for up/downscaling? I know many people buy it instead of blue-ray players. I wouldn't encode it to 720p if the device is capable of downscaling.

Unfortunately, the youtube videos are nothing like the Letterman performance. You can try requesting the original files from the uploaders as they would be much better in quality, both audio and video wise. From my personal experience, though, the uploaders are unwilling to share them.

Oh, THAT Human of the Year! That is my favourite performance as well. I suggest x.264, matroska container and a lot of filters. I have a perfect little program somewhere - easy to use and the upscaling works very well. I used it to do URL=http://www.megavideo.com/?v=RNCNN8U2]this[/url]. To compare nothing better than this is available. It could do with a little more sharpening now that I look at it.

I can't remember the name of the software and I don't have it on my PC here. If you want I can give you the name when I got back to my dorm on Tuesday.

Last thing: same show, same taper

full quality video can be found
. That must have been a hell of a show!

Thanks for the info. I actually have a first gen BluRay player (the Sony BDP-1, $1000 when it came out) that does great upscaling of regular DVDs to whatever scale you want. Both the projector and the Bluray player will upscale or dither down on the fly but since the projector is native to 720P it is best to have everything set at the level before sending it to the projector (an Optoma 70HD). 1080P projectors have come down a lot in price and I will eventually buy one but it looks so good I am in no hurry. The PS3 will also up convert and down convert as will the projector itself but the hardware in the BDP1 is probably best at doing it on the fly and outputting it at 720P so the projector is just rendering the data it is fed. I am even tempted to buy or borrow an HD videocam and record her upcoming show (second row center!) but it seems that her management is becoming more and more strict on these things. I recorded her last show with an Edirol R1 Recorder and it came out pretty nice but the girl in front of my had her camera either taken away or had to put it away. I might just not worry about it this time.

Very nice. Watching now. Are you the taper? Do you have the original files I can download from somewhere? I can rip them but there is always so much quality loss from pulling from you tube.

If you were indeed at the show how did it go?

quote:
Originally posted by josefgabriel:

Very nice. Watching now. Are you the taper? Do you have the original files I can download from somewhere? I can rip them but there is always so much quality loss from pulling from you tube.

If you were indeed at the show how did it go?

No, unfortuneately they are not my videos. But I do have an HD camcorder, and when I see her (if I see her), I plan on filming the whole concert!