Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

Reg @ Ryman Auditorium- Nashville (11.16.09)

I'm like that not only when we get new songs performed, but also when a song that's been released eventually get's played live. I was freaking out when she sang Sword & the Pen in WV!

quote:
Originally posted by mrimarokr:

I'm like that not only when we get new songs performed, but also when a song that's been released eventually get's played live. I was freaking out when she sang Sword & the Pen in WV!

Your right. New songs, new ones eventually played live, and I would like to add, old songs that she hasn't played for a long time that happen to show up at some random concert. Ex: She wasn't doing 'Love, you're a whore' right away this year. I think 'Silly eye color generalizations' got included this year because of technical difficulties (and the trooper that she is). And now 'Sailor Song' since the Kentucky line and being in Kentucky. Notice that once she get's an old one going again, she keeps doing it? Must have to do with how the audience reacts that motivates her do it more often. Hope she realizes that that would happen with all her songs. Her problem is, is that what we really want is to hear her whole catalog at every concert. Smiler Impossible, I know. Smiler

Although she's considered new to the industry, she can probably already come out with one of those compilation, anthology, multi-CD thingamajigs. She should just do that. Then she can start 100% fresh. You know with her writing skills, she can work up a new album in no time.

Am I asking for too much? Probably. Sorry Regina? I got worked up there a little. Smiler

Tony

She 'is my sweetest downfall'

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

expectedperfection! I was wondering where you've been! welcome back!

wow! someone wondered where i was? someone knows me on here? i'm both surprised and flattered! i've never been very active on here--didn't even join till about a year ago, though i've lurked for years. how kind of you! just another reason i love reg-fans. it's her that does it to us. regina teaches us how to loveSmiler

quote:
I always describe it like that--every song is like a new little gem to put in the regina-treasure-chest-deelie-bopper...ahem...anyway, so i always flip the eff out when a new song comes out of the woodwork and people are always like, "so? it's just a song" (i know absolutely no true reg fans around here and most haven't even heard of her...sad day) and i have to explain to them that regina songs are not just songs but rare little gems unlike any others in the whole big universe. regina songs are not merely songs but whole worlds and ways of thinking and each one can change your life if you're listening.

^^conversational poetry Smiler i agree wholeheartedly!

quote:
Originally posted by expectedperfection:

... so i always flip the eff out when a new song comes out of the woodwork and people are always like, "so? it's just a song"

I think anytime you're talking with someone and they use that comment, you know that they just don't understand what it's all about Smiler