Sign in to follow this  
a bump in the road

Jay Z uses regina sample

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

However, I'm concerned about what Jay Z's song is actually going to be about. The title has me thinking its a generic hip-hop song about collecting wealth, which isn't exactly a good use of a song about living with cancer.

Haha back to the Dance Anthem thing... Can anyone else totally see Flo Rida sampling it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing actually. But I don't think we should loose all hope just yet... I spose we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, hell yeah, dude. Dance Anthem is most definately flo rida material... and as much as this sounds like some sort of treason on these boards, I think I'd actually like to hear that... Big Grin

http://www.rollingstone.com/ro...est-hits-on-the-way/

"According to MTV, however, Crispy Benjamins may be destined for an upcoming Jigga greatest hits collection that might be released on NOVEMBER 24th"

http://www.timesunion.com/AspS...848378&category=ARTS

"I took a portion of her song -- the piano and vocal accompaniment -- and then I put drums and a bass line behind it and looped it up so it'd be appropriate to rhyme over. We got it to Jay-Z's people, and lo and behold, he liked it."

quote:
Originally posted by silver bullet trailer:

wouldn't regina have to give permission for the use of her song? if so, can we assume it is used in a good way cause she would have had to approve it? I don't know how these things work, but i'm curious...

Apparently the sample was "purchased," (I'm not sure which article used that word, but one of them did) which implies permission from a regina representative.

Hey this is my post #1111. (11:11) Coolness.

I can't help but think of Eminem and Dido here, with 'Stan' and Dido's 'Thankyou'.

That song made me go out and buy Dido's 'No Angel' record, we can only hope this will encourage people to go and buy Regina records. Big Grin

Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing what Jay-Z is going to do with it.

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

I can't help but think of Eminem and Dido here, with 'Stan' and Dido's 'Thankyou'.

what a perfect example! or lil wayne's "dongetit"which samples Nina Simone's version of "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"..powerfull stuff.

"Earlier this week, we reported that your song, “Chemo Limo”, has been sampled on a new Jay-Z track called “Crispy Benjamins”. Could you provide some more details on this?

Spektor: I have to tell you that I had no idea about any of this at all. I don’t know, personally, I doubt that it’s real because I’d probably have to know. I don’t think that someone would just do that [because of issues with] permission. I doubt it’s real but… still pretty cool. I’d be very curious to hear it, but I have a feeling I would have heard about it if it was happening."

http://consequenceofsound.net/...spirituality-on-far/

Personally, I think it's legit - Regina just doesn't realize she doesn't own her songs...Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Personally, I think it's legit - Regina just doesn't realize she doesn't own her songs...Frowner

I'm not sure where this thought is coming from. regina is one of the shrewdest artists going. Don't let her wonderful demeanor fool you. When push comes to shove, she's a girl from the Bronx...