Alarmclock

Regina songs you're digging right now?

^ Love that one!

I've been super obsessed with Virgin Queen for a couple months now. It will just pop into my head at random times and it'll be stuck for a few days. I wish that it would make it onto an album one of these days, but I think she only played it once before so the likelihood of that happening seems slim  :(

Virgin Queen is quite an amazing song. Regina seems to cover the reign of Queen Elizabeth in the context of women's role in the UK, along with Shakespearean references, not to mention the emerging 'New World'.My theory is that the end of the song could be a Native American chant. Quite a song, indeed...

Virgin Queen is quite an amazing song. Regina seems to cover the reign of Queen Elizabeth in the context of women's role in the UK, along with Shakespearean references, not to mention the emerging 'New World'.My theory is that the end of the song could be a Native American chant. Quite a song, indeed...

Have you heard the theory that she is singing the words backwards? I don't quite hear it myself, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was what she was doing!

https://youtu.be/BCRqdL0Ea10

Have you heard the theory that she is singing the words backwards? I don't quite hear it myself, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was what she was doing!

https://youtu.be/BCRqdL0Ea10

haha I actually think it sounds really cool backwards. Although I think it's probably just a coincidence, I do hear the "family come home". If you don't hear it I think it's especially clear around 1:28 or so. 

But like robertaxel said I always thought that part sounds like a Native American chant. Kind of reminds me of that Fiona Apple song every single night.. Not that they sound similar but she just also does a chant throughout the song..

Hello all, I'm new.

I thought this may be a good place to introduce myself and pop my comment cherry.

Today I'm mostly listening to 'Songs', enjoying "Reading Time With Pickle" - which makes me laugh. Also I have listened to 'How' a decent amount of times over the last few days, this doesn't make me laugh, it does that other thing, you know… I doubt I need to explain why.

She has a way of endearing herself to my brain which I feel powerless to control. I love it when an artist does that.

Stop by and say Hi sometime x