Sign in to follow this  
Brady

Lucky Penny

HOLY SHIT THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!!!!! I heard this song for the first time in school while listening to my music on my G1 sometime last week. I heard and instantly fell in love with it....its such a great song, I remember really liking it when I heard it....I dont have any of the lyrics memorized but I am sure someone else does and would like to talk about what they mean.

HOLY SHIT THIS SONG IS AWESOME!!!!!!! I heard this song for the first time in school while listening to my music on my G1 sometime last week. I heard and instantly fell in love with it....its such a great song, I remember really liking it when I heard it....I dont have any of the lyrics memorized but I am sure someone else does and would like to talk about what they mean.

I know this isn't a discussion on my part but I thought a lil history might be in order given the number of newer stixers here.

This came out at the McCarren show in Aug '08:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Interestingly, afterward when she was talking to all of us she told us the story of Lucky Penny's revival. Apparently some TV show contacted her and asked for a "proper master" because the wanted to use the song. At the time, she didn't even remember how to play the song, and certainly didn't have a master to send them. So she searched on the internet and found the only recording available, then relearned the song based on it. How great is that?!

and this at the Bowery show in Jan '09:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

She told us how she went to reginaspektor.net to get a lyric for Reginasaurus that she had forgotten. We pointed out that srg, right over there, was the owner of that site. She thanked him and told him how much of a resource it is for her. She repeated the story she told us at McCarren that when the TV execs called up looking for a master of Lucky Penny that it was his site she went to, to relearn the song.

So Serge is a big part of the rebirth of this song....just thought you should all know.

quote:

I know this isn't a discussion on my part but I thought a lil history might be in order given the number of newer stixers here.

This came out at the McCarren show in Aug '08:

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Interestingly, afterward when she was talking to all of us she told us the story of Lucky Penny's revival. Apparently some TV show contacted her and asked for a "proper master" because the wanted to use the song. At the time, she didn't even remember how to play the song, and certainly didn't have a master to send them. So she searched on the internet and found the only recording available, then relearned the song based on it. How great is that?!

and this at the Bowery show in Jan '09:

quote:

She told us how she went to reginaspektor.net to get a lyric for Reginasaurus that she had forgotten. We pointed out that srg, right over there, was the owner of that site. She thanked him and told him how much of a resource it is for her. She repeated the story she told us at McCarren that when the TV execs called up looking for a master of Lucky Penny that it was his site she went to, to relearn the song.

So Serge is a big part of the rebirth of this song....just thought you should all know.

Absolutely incredible to know. Once again, thank you srg.

He is so deserving of everyones appreciation, even Regina's.