Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Asheville, NC Nov 17 2009

So WOW. It's been a week and a half and I haven't reported back to my family! It's been SO hectic and I really still don't have time for anything but here it goes. It's going to be long because I like to get down everything I remember so I ca't forget. Please maybe leave a comment? Smiler

The ride was beautiful. North Carolina is truly a gorgeous state. The mountains were amazing to look at and my silly camera on my phone couldn’t nearly capture its beauty and magnitude. I was super tired and me and my sister sang regina songs the whole way there (4ish hours) I ran into a fellow stixer at the hotel! HFLAbob (Jaraad) and he is awesome and should really upload a picture of the cool loveology tie he was wearing. HINT HINT. Me and my sister went to eat and it was SO CUTE, I was SUPER nervous that Regina was going to be sick and not come out and meet us after and I kept voicing this the WHOLE ENTIRE night haha. My dad obviously noticed and (well my dad, mom and brother strongly dislike regina but love me and my sister) when we prayed over the meal he said

"And please God let Regina feel better really soon"

It made me smile so hard, he called her Regina, he said her name haha!

Me and my sister arrived early and had 5th row seats and when we sat down we discovered we were RIGHT BESIDE another stixer and two other obsessed fans Smiler mrimarokr (Jeremy) was there and the conversations we could hold were awesome! It is so cool to be able to meet a complete stranger and connect so much and talk about the person we LOVE. He understands!

Regina was amazing DUH. But you could really tell she wasn't feeling well, she didn't talk or smile much and the set list was VERY SHORT. She didn't play the new song Frowner or The Sword and The Pen or Ballad of a Politician or Human of the Year. And Love, you're a whore wasn't in the encore. Although the set list wasn’t as great as Atlanta, It was a much better audience in most aspects compared to the Atlanta crowd. They would wait until the last note on reg’s piano faded before they applauded her and during the acapella songs they were very quiet (THANK GOD, compared to what we’ve heard about the Nashville show, speaking of which- is there any videos of the drunkards asses getting kicked out???)

The highlight songs of the night were Apres Moi, which was SO powerful. My sister recorded it and hopefully I’ll get all our recordings up soon (and my ode to divorce dance solo...) And Man of a Thousand Faces was one I had always craved to hear live. It was amazing. She messed up a piano note during Us and made the cutest face too

BUT OMG OMG OMG THE BEST PART. In between songs everyone SCREAMS at her and it kinda makes me mad. Of course we WANT to hear the old songs but she does have a set list and a new album to advertise so you shouting does nothing. Between two songs everyone was screaming "Samson, Loveology, December, Love Affair, Musicbox!" And I just yelled

"I LOVE YOU REGINA, THAT’S REALLY ALL" ppl laughed and she smiled the biggest smile somewhere roughly in my directing haha. It made me the happiest person alive because it was meant for me <3 I hope it ends up on you tube somewhere. I swear it was involuntary haha

My lil sister teared up a lot like me and we held hands and got some great pics. We were recording a lot and a security guy came up to us and asked if we were recording or taking pics and we lied of course. THEN we thought she had started the new song (which we hadn’t heard yet on you tube) because when she transitioned from her piano to her keyboard for dance anthem, she started playing randomly and making noises and we got SOOOOO excited. But she stopped and then sang another song. I was confused

Then it was over and it sucked

Jeremy and his crew and me and my sis rushed outside and went to wait in the FREEZING WINDY RAIN. Like damn it's cold up in the mountains. I was pretty numb to feeling though, I was going to meet her!!!! There was a small crowd and a security guy came up to us and swore that regina was already gone but we didn’t believe him of course! A lot of ppl left and it was around 10ish. People KEPT COMING UP TO US, different ppl and telling us that she left (they didn’t give us a reason) and we waited and waited in the rain. We kept coming up with hypothetical situations like "OMG she’s in that box they’re wheeling out haha" It was fun and within 30 min of waiting all the waiters were gone except the three stixers and the few we came with. Over the next 2ish hours about 8 (some even multiple times) came up to us and said she left. We were like "LIAR" haha and in denial. At like 1’ish, Jupiter One left and all the workers were driving away. We were all really sad and I couldn’t believe I wasn’t gonna get to meet her again. A final guy came up and told us (the most sincere of the bunch) that she was really gone and didn’t feel well (finally a reason! What if we hadn’t already known haha) so we reluctantly all left. Me and my sis took some hilarious pictures and went back feeling an odd mix of emotions. I really wanted to meet her of course and I thought it would work out this time and it was PERFECT with my sister there.

But I had prepared, thanks to dentistgirl (Jamie) she gave me a heads up and recommended writing a note and bringing the earrings I was debating on giving her. So while at the restaurant and in the car and waiting for regina to play I wrote 2 separate notes. One for if I did get to meet her and one for if I didn’t get to. So I was prepared and folded and taped the note for not being able to meet her on these pretty purple origami bird earrings. Around 12ish I gave a worker who was near her bus the gift and I begged him to make sure she got it, I said "do you promise???!" and he said "yes, I promise" and I saw him place it on the bus. I hope she read it and I hope it made her smile, it was hard to write but I got everything out that I wanted to say!

And there you go, an really long recollection of the night. It left me sad and still missing a memory in my life but of course I was happy to see her for a second time! Geez that was long

P.S. Jeremy! Look up Soho, you will LOVE IT and I also tried to add you on myspace but it says you have an age restriction set up and I'm 18

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

We kept coming up with hypothetical situations like "OMG she’s in that box they’re wheeling out haha"

It's really funny that you should say that because when I was waiting after one of the Boston shows, me and some friendly Regina fans (This guy was clutching his little Songs CD with this huge smile on his face, it made me smile) and we started speculating odd things like that she was actually disassembled, put in boxes, and then reassembled at the next venue. Then we were speculating which boxes contained Regina bits. ("No, that one is too small." "But she is a very small person!") When she wasn't out by 12, and there were increasingly creepy drunk guys in daisy duke shorts with donuts... yeah. It was time to leave.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed reading your experience Alicia, I'm so glad you had a good time!

Soho is actually on my iPod already Smiler, I've listened to it a couple of times but I'll definitely need to give it a few more rounds and It'll become one of my favorites! Right now I'm currently obsessed with Be Like a Cloud, The Piano Isn't Firewood Yet, and Ballad of a Politician... and recently every single one of Regina's song's have at least 20 plays on my iTunes... all the CD's have around 80 plays Big Grin and if you don't mind sending me the link to your myspace account I'll add you cause I don't think the age restriction thing applies when the person in question adds the other person.

HERE it is Jeremy. But I'm not on too often Frowner I had SO much fun with youuuuu

HERE is all the photos I took that night Smiler It's a big album from the trip to the stixers to the show to after the show!

I'm uploading the videos now and you all have to see Apres Moi.

Some highlights.

16438_183054763714_508198714_3166037_3867247_n.jpg

Jeremy, Fancy, Me and my sister Colette!

16438_183054898714_508198714_3166055_87113_n.jpg

16438_183054973714_508198714_3166062_5297962_n.jpg

16438_183055013714_508198714_3166066_3650047_n.jpg

16438_183055103714_508198714_3166079_4105682_n.jpg

16438_183055458714_508198714_3166118_5765708_n.jpg

Sad we didn't get to meet her Frowner

16438_183055518714_508198714_3166127_1004326_n.jpg

OH MY GOD. THERE SHE IS!

<3

To Reginaoverdose:

Thanks for all that! That was some generous sharing. Smiler True Regina stories are never too long. I love reading them. Maybe weird, but I try to picture myself in the story, imagining myself there too. Smiler Which I HAVE to do since I don't have my own story. Frowner YET! Smiler I'm in Arizona. She came once back in 2006 I think. I was just getting in to her. I didn't realize then the rabid, embarrassing maniac I'd turn out to be now. Smiler And of course on this new tour she didn't pick Arizona. Oh well, I guess that's why I cling to other peoples stories.

Although, if anyones interested, I do have a cool dream of her that I had last night. It felt real at the time. Smiler With how much I've made her a part of my life, It's funny, but I don't dream about her that often. Anyways, in the dream, I was invited to a weekend gathering. It was a friend of mines family and friends, so I didn't know many people. So the dream goes on for awhile with stupid little stuff, and then at one point a girl notices me kind of sitting alone not visiting with anyone and invites me to come sit down with her and her friend. And you guessed it, Regina was the friend. The girl introduced her to me 'this is Regina'. I'm like 'nice to meet you' knowing exactly who it was. She was being all shy and quiet, and I was playing along brilliantly. (only in a dream, right?) Smiler Anyway, nobody seemed to give her a second glance, it seemed like I was the only one that realized who she was. So we all just small talked for awhile, and I kept thinking to myself, no matter how bad I want to acknowledge who she was, I'm not gonna do it until I can find the cleverest moment possible. I made sure to focus on the friend as much as Regina so as not to look suspicious Smiler. Then the moment came. And I didn't even have to create it. The friend asked what kind of music do I like. I thought this is it. So I said, looking straight at the friend (not Regina), 'I love lots of different music, but right now I'm loving everything by Regina Spektor' and at that exact moment I turned to Regina and smiled big. A smile acknowledging that I knew it was her. And she dropped her jaw and then gave me this huge, you big jerk you knew the whole time smile. Then my cat jumped on me because she was hungry and I woke up!!! Dream over. Isn't that typical crappy timing when it comes to good dreams? Anyway, at least it ended on a good note.

So all of you have your real stories and I've got my fake ones. I had to find someway to join the party. Smiler Just wish I had some pictures to upload. Smiler

Anyway, back to reality

Bye for now

Tony

P.S. - Reginaoverdose. Love the part with your dad and his prayer. That was priceless.

"The boys and the girls just wanna watch each other sleep, sleep, sleep."

To Alicia:

I read your post about the North Carolina Show, I am so happy you got to see her again! And I am sorry you didnt get to meet her the second time you saw her, like me. Frowner

I will be seeing Regina again next year. I can't wait, and meeting her will be a goal that I can save for the next tour. Smiler

Thanks Alicia, your account is great. I'm so glad you got to go! It's always nice to experience regina with a respekful crowd, and it looks like you had pretty perfect seats too! The pictures are awesome! I see merch! =D

You're determined. I have no doubt that one day you will get to meet her. I'm glad you went for it and left the note though. It sucks that she's sick- for her, and for us, but you just have to do the best you can with the opportunity.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

It is so cool to be able to meet a complete stranger and connect so much and talk about the person we LOVE. He understands!

I couldn't have said it better. There's something incredibly special about having that instant connection with other stixers/random obsessed fans. There is no greater bonding experience than standing/sitting on a sidewalk somewhere (anywhere) for hours and hours with other people who just get it.

LOL, I still swear on it I look high in that picture but I have never touched drugs in my life Big Grin! I am however high off of life all the time so I may have gotten an extra dose before the Regina concert! :P