Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

My Wedding Song...

(If I ever actually fall in love and decide to get married) Is going to be real love. Regina's version of course. The first time I listened to it I was convinced it would be my wedding song haha. It's so moving.

I came across

of Regina performing it for a TV station in Australia called triple J (formerly J TV) It doesn't seem to be posted anywhere and it has lovely closeups of Regina's gorgeous face and also closeups of her playing the piano which we don't get to see too often Smiler

So! Ever though about your wedding song??

(If I ever actually fall in love and decide to get married) Is going to be real love. Regina's version of course. The first time I listened to it I was convinced it would be my wedding song haha. It's so moving.

I came across

of Regina performing it for a TV station in Australia called triple J (formerly J TV) It doesn't seem to be posted anywhere and it has lovely closeups of Regina's gorgeous face and also closeups of her playing the piano which we don't get to see too often Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Yeah. I've thought of inviting Regina to my wedding and having her play whatever song she wants. Razzer

Not that I'll ever be getting married, so she doesn't really need to worry about that happening.

PS- I convinced my sister to let the DJ play Real Love during her wedding reception. And even after giving him a CD with it on, explaining, and requesting like 5 times, I practically had to hold a gun to him to get him to play it. He finally conceeded after saying, "oh, well, that song's kinda slow. are you SURE you want me to play it?" uh...yes...i think I know what I explicitly requested. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by baby jesus:

I don't know if I'll ever get married. Probably not. I want a relationship someday though.

Anyway if I was ever to get married,

Bobbing for Apples Big Grin

I want to Sing.

haha same. I've just always had this intuition that I'll never fall in love and the only way I would ever get married is for love. But maybe it's because I can never imagine myself in that position at this point in my life? I just think the institutuion of marriage is so fucked nowadays with the divorce rate so high.

But then I think about my grandparents who have been madly in love for over 50 years and it makes me believe again. "Ohhh the pain of knowin' that true love... exists"

Ohhh yes, I forgot about I want to sing Wink

Take off your shoes, Take off my dress"

I would also like to say that my "husband" would have no say in the manner of my Regina wedding song and of course he must enjoy her music and if he doesn't, well then he must understand that putting up with it will be a daily part of his life! This would be understood way before the engagement though Wink

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Not that I'll ever be getting married, so she doesn't really need to worry about that happening.

Do you just not want to?? Or is it like me and you just can't really picture spending your whole life with someone?

I wanted that to be my wedding song too.

But I was supposed to marry someone last year (that was going to be our song...that or "Raindrops")

But now I'm not sure if I'd want that song yanno...cause it was meant for him and I and he and I are no more.

Ok, I'll go cry now. Frowner

^ Frowner that's depressing. Not to mention the tainting of a regina song in your mind.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

Do you just not want to?? Or is it like me and you just can't really picture spending your whole life with someone?

Oh I want to. I just can't picture the existence of this person, or how the heck I'll ever find him.

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

But I was supposed to marry someone last year (that was going to be our song...that or "Raindrops")

But now I'm not sure if I'd want that song yanno...cause it was meant for him and I and he and I are no more.

Aww! Frowner That sucks so much! The 'stix is here as a shoulder to cry on if you ever need it. I hope you find someone. Smiler

I wasn't about to get married, but I can very much empathize with PilingAndTwisting/Mellisa. I was in love for quite a while a while ago, and while we had a several "songs", one of them was absolutely Regina's version of Real Love, and another was State Radio's

, which is just damn beautiful.

I also seriously tear up when I watch

of it being played acoustic backstage for a couple who was getting married, because you can actually hear the girl crying, which just gets me, haha.

But that song, as well as Real Love, now come with an interesting range of emotions: strong feelings that I know won't be reciprocated, sorrow of loss, and yet still the feeling of extreme happiness when hearing it. It's wonderfully amazing how some songs can mean something to you at one point in time, and how they can mean something very different later down the line. I mean hell, call me a woman, but I still sometimes cry a little when I hear the part of Samson "we couldn't bring the columns down yeah we couldn't destroy a single one", then the history books part. That shit hits hard because of everything connected to it.

But I don't know what song I'll want played at my wedding and/or whatever event I do with the person with whom I'll fall in love at some point. So much of that matters on, not only the person, but the circumstances, and the way "fate" works... and junk...

quote:
Originally posted by baby jesus:

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

Aww! Frowner That sucks so much! The 'stix is here as a shoulder to cry on if you ever need it. I hope you find someone. Smiler

Thank you. You guys have helped me through it believe it or not. You are all such an awesome group of people. So positive and such great music taste WinkBig Grin

...and I have found someone, kinda...but it's either going really slow or it's not going to work out.

I can't figure out which at the moment.

Ahhhh!!! Ain't love grand?!?! Hehe.