Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

What are you going to be for Halloween?

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

That's one of my favorite caricatures of the Joker, even before TDK, and I think it'd break up the ubiquitousness of the costume.

Wanna go back further? Cesar Romero as the Joker!

joker4.jpg

Romero refused to shave his mustache for the role, and it can be seen beneath his white makeup in close-ups.

810976-cesarromero_super.jpg

Oh dear, George, you bring to light one of the many terrors of Batman history. Now, while I have nothing but supreme love, respekt, and utter lust for Adam West [whether he be Batman, or an inept mayor] the campy days of Batman yore have always killed me. From my days as a child, I would see reruns of the old series, and though it mindlessly entertained my feeble young mind, it aggravated me that they would make Batman, one of the most "serious" superheros of all time, and turn him into this peep show of absurdity.

I have even, ever since my childhood, always hated the two Tim Burton Batman films. As I've gotten older, I've had a fluctuating relationship with Burton, adoring some of his work, while loathing much of the rest, but those two Batman movies have always left a bitter taste in my mind. I won't elaborate on why, since it's bound to instigate fervent retorts from Burton fans on here, but suffice to say, I feel he diluted the essence of Batman in a vain attempt to "Burton-ize" them- something with which I have an entirely different problem; there's a difference between having a style and a vision, and doing the same exact thing for every single solitary thing you create... but I digress.

So, it's almost a surprise that Batman has always been one of my favorite superheros [save Gambit]. Well, I owe that debt of gratitude to both the comic books and graphic novels in which I dabbled growing up, as well as the Animated Series from the 90s. All of these had a very coherent vision for what Batman was, and never felt like they were shooting in the dark. They were all serious, and took their subject matter with full heart. And there was even some comedy too, but it wasn't done with the intention of insulting your intelligence [::shudder::CeasarRomero::shudder::].

Anyway, it's no surprise that I'm utterly pleased to see the new life of Batman being told by one of my longtime favorite directors of all time, as well as one my favorite actors of all time playing him [Though I've stopped adoring Bale as a person, and just appreciate his work now, haha ::coughdouchebagcough::]

So yeah!..... um.... The Joker! How 'bout that...

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

That's a brilliant idea, Sarge!

You just referred to me by my friends' nickname for me. YOU are sharp!

In my line of work, it is absolutely imperative for one to be sharp. Wink

As for myself...I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to piece together. I've always made it a point to assemble my own unique costume, and I ceased dressing as existing characters for Halloween when I turned 6 (I do remember being Batman one of those early years, actually...I've always admired his preparatory skills). I would like to incorporate my Victorian top hat into this year's getup; I like to take every opportunity I can to dress as a gentleman from eras past. I've considered a "Gentleman Ghost" (no relation to the comic book villain, of course) concept for this year, but I'd perhaps like to try on something a little more monstrous this time...I usually default to a mad scientist look and place some variation on it when I run low on ideas, but I think I need to take advantage of my 6'6" stature this time...

We shall see!

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Gale:

I love your constant use of the display name Brady!

...What? I do!

^^ lol! Yea indeed is an awesome word!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by StalkerChic:

In related news, I have bought a cane and have been practicing my limp. I shall be House for Halloween.

Eeker That's so cool! Big Grin